What can I expect (1/4 mile)? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What can I expect (1/4 mile)?
Friday, August 26, 2011 1:28 AM
Ok, I'm interested in hearing from some people who have a fair mount of passes under their belts, and running setups similar to mine. It's been years since I've run at a track, so I'm looking for something to compare myself to. Obviously I know my passes are going to be a bit less than desired at first til I get my launches solid.

Here's my setup so far:
M62 powered l61, 5 speed (motor is bone stock)
3.1" pulley
60* injectors
Single pass manifold, cobra h/e with surge reservoir
Poly everything (motor/trans mounts, ca bushings, endlinks, delrin trailing arm bushings)
Koni reds/ground controls (set to full hard dampening, 2" drop all around)
Eibach sway bars (front and rear)
Fusion HR-I all season tires (16", brand new)
Short throw shifter
Rev limiter is 7k

I'm not 100% tuned, we're still working on smoothing out some fuel trims, etc...I'm at 17* timing advance now, torque is plentiful, though I know I still have some room to grow on top end power in the tune.
I'm guessing I can get close to mid 13's on this setup (and hopefully I'll get some more tuning in before making any passes), so let's hear I this is a feasible number to shoot for, or am I looking at something a bit higher?

Discuss.

Re: What can I expect (1/4 mile)?
Saturday, August 27, 2011 12:12 PM
My guess = low 14's

after several passes high 13's

Saturday, August 27, 2011 3:45 PM
14.5 since your lack of experience and the lack of wheel spin lol. as you get better traction i can see this cavy going 13.5 easy im hoping.
Sunday, August 28, 2011 11:26 PM
Sounds good for high 13's.

13.3 @ 106 mph Cammed
Monday, August 29, 2011 1:16 AM
Thanks for the responses.

So it looks like I'm shooting for mid to high 13s then. Like said, I'm counting on my first runs to be less than favorable til I get comfortable launching it, but I think this will help having a number to shoot for.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 8:08 PM
My guess is a mid 14 second pass.

all season tires, 3.1 pulley, bone stock motor....

Monday, September 05, 2011 4:18 PM
Yeah, 14's though at 100+ traps. I expect to do 14's with 105+ traps with my setup.

Also, why on gods green earth did you spend 400 bucks on that single pass manifold? Running the dual pass with the phenolic spacer gets you better cooling for less than half the price.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 4:46 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:Also, why on gods green earth did you spend 400 bucks on that single pass manifold? Running the dual pass with the phenolic spacer gets you better cooling for less than half the price.

Who said I spent $400 on a single pass manifold??

If you really need to know, I'm running single pass because that's what I had at the time of installation. My dual pass won't be going on til this winter when I tear down for some changes.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:26 PM
WHy would you put in a dual pass when you already have a single pass? The single pass is better, which is why it costs 400 bucks and a dual pass only costs 80. Both are better than the stock quad pass though.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 10:24 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:WHy would you put in a dual pass when you already have a single pass? The single pass is better, which is why it costs 400 bucks and a dual pass only costs 80. Both are better than the stock quad pass though.

You and I are talking 2 entirely different things. I'm assuming you mean the ZZP single pass manifold? I have the stock single pass endplate (and before you feel the need to argue why it's a quad pass, I can see the train of thought to why, but as far I'm concerned it's still known as a single pass endplate)...I will be taking off the single pass endplate and swapping for the dual pass. Again, it's NOT the entire single pass manifold, which is a totally different beast. Either way, the point of this thread is not which endplate is which and what they cost, so try to keep things on topic, ok?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search