race nose..... - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
race nose.....
Monday, January 16, 2012 10:57 AM
does anyone know of any nascar or circle track style race noses for the cavalier? i have a 2000 cavy and really want it to take on a more racy appearance. if anyone knows of any please let me know.

Re: race nose.....
Monday, January 16, 2012 11:08 AM
Monday, January 16, 2012 11:26 AM
no thats a drag race front clip. i have to maintain the steel fenders. i am basically looking for a front bumper cover that looks like something you would see on nascar
Monday, January 16, 2012 11:30 AM
Your text to link here...

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, January 16, 2012 11:30 AM
All the ones available are for drag racing and are made from fiberglass or carbon fiber.
http://www.classglassperformance.com/ makes a drag one.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, January 16, 2012 11:34 AM
thanks all. i guess ill have to figure out a way to modify an impala nose to fit since i cant find anyother chevy racing noses. thanks again
Monday, January 16, 2012 3:36 PM
You mean something like this?

Monday, January 16, 2012 3:48 PM
That back fender looks pulled like crazy...

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, January 16, 2012 3:57 PM
DSMskyline wrote:That back fender looks pulled like crazy...

That's because the original body was pretty banged up, the "new" rear quarter panel was made using the roof panel from an Olds Achieva...
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:51 AM
harry thats exactly what i want for my car. is that for a cavalier or did you modify one to fit?
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:54 PM
I bought it used, it's a 2003 Monte Carlo nose.

http://www.fivestarbodies.com/index.php?p=product&id=185

I used the 1999 Monte Carlo headlight stickers on it since they matched the Cavalier style the closest.

http://www.fivestarbodies.com/index.php?p=product&id=142

You might want to go with the 1999 nose & 1999 headlight stickers, however I'm not sure how that nose would line up.with the body

http://www.fivestarbodies.com/index.php?p=product&id=183

I had to do some creative trimming to make the 1999 decals work on the 2003 nose. I had to trm quite a bit away from the wheel well part of the nose to get it to look right on the front end, and that narrrowed the nose up quite a bit.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:43 PM
did the top width match the car or did you have to cut some off the inside of each half?
i have been looking at these and was just wondering if they matched in width where i would be riveting it onto the body
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 3:34 PM
I didn't cot anything out of the middle where it the 2 halfs rivet together. I cut the ends of the bumper a lot shorter since the Cavalier front end is shorter than a Monte Carlo stock car. There's a lip to rivet the fenders over the nose, I cut that off and riveted the nose over the fenders. The factiry bumper in no longer there, pipes were custom bent to support the nose..
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 4:28 PM
Why not get vinyls of the 00-02 Cav lights, oversized to fit under the hood? It would seem to lend itself to that.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:55 PM
You did a nice job on that nose, maybe ill get a piece like that and try it. Is it fiberglass or plastic?

Did you make the lexan windshield or is it the stock glass? i cant tell.

1994 Cavalier 2.2 5 Speed - Scrapped.
1994 Cavalier Z24 3.1 Auto - Enduro
1995 Cavalier 2.2 Auto - Figure 8
Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:05 AM
The nose is plastic. It's very flexible. There are indentations where the headlight stickers go, not sure how the cavailer stickers would fit. The windshield was cut down from a flat piece of lexan.
Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:49 PM
Ah crap, forgot about that. I have a neighbor who raced late models and drove the 03 Monte Carlo nose on his old 98 monte carlo street stock.
Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:57 AM
Here's what the car looked like the 1st year, before the body was redone.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:51 PM
thanks for the help harry, ill be using this info on my car. great looking car by the way hope mine looks that good for upcoming season
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search