Best 1/4 Times Honor Roll - Submission Thread - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best 1/4 Times Honor Roll - Submission Thread
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:29 PM
Please submit your times and suggestions for the quarter mile thread. Please note, off topic posts will be deleted.

If replying to a subject, PLEASE QUOTE YOUR POSTS. This will make life easier for everyone.

-----------------------
Official Submission Rules:

READ THE TEXT FOLLOWING THE LIST BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD.
10) Each entry will be as follows:

1. Realname (Username) (with link to car in profile), 12.9 @ 126 MPH (with link to trackslip) - form of boost if not N/A, purebred/hybrid, tires, etc....

So lets say you hit the 13th spot in a category with a 5 Speed Transmission, Purebred head and block, and on racing slicks, it would look like

13. [url=http://www.j-body.org/members/yourusername/cars/#/]Mike Hunt (mikehuntistight), [url=http://www.j-body.org/members/timeslips/####]18.8 @ 45 MPH - Purebred (Slicks) (5 Speed)

Please help out and submit your entries accordingly!

If you plan to post and have not read the above, please do so... it will ensure your time gets added quickly

If your submission is not formatted correctly, i will post it as I see fit, and as I have time to do so

READ THIS. THESE ARE THE RULES GOVERNING THIS LIST.

This list is now being maintained by Mystic02VA

1) We're only doing 1/4 mile drag races here. No 1/8th or anything else!
2) Only J-bodies qualify. Own a delta, go to GMDelta.com and post up there.
3) Only post up here if you make the top 15th in the lists provided above. You will notice that some people are 16 - 20... We'll keep longer lists so that if there are disputes, then those who've been bumped off can be moved back up. The only people between 16 - 20 were in the top 15 at one time, do not ask to be added to 16 - 20.
4) If you feel we should have another category, post it up, and if it's not too stupid, we may just add it. It has to be something at least 10 people are likely to qualify for and not overlap with another category.
5) If you feel we should split a category in to two, post it up, and i'll judge the arguments based on input from you guys.
6) The lists are based off the competitive categories that people here are trying to beart... We can't have a list for every single car out there.
7) This thread is not for endless discussions. Post up only if you are: adding your name to a list, or debating another person's entry. If the discussion gets stupid, i'll delete it. Repeat offenders... i'll ban you. Thats the deal.
8) You must have a complete registry including your proper name and list of mods. If I judge the registry to be incomplete, you don't make the list. If you do not want to fill out the mod list for whatever reason, I will accept a video clearly showing your car down the track and the time/speed at the end. YOU STILL NEED TO ADD THE SLIP TO YOUR PROFILE
9) You must meet the criteria for the category you're putting your name down for.
10) Each entry will be as follows:

1. Realname (Username) (with link to car in profile), 12.9 @ 126 MPH (with link to trackslip) - form of boost if not N/A, purebred/hybrid, tires, etc....

11) The full timeslip details must be posted in your registry.
12) There is no split between auto and manual, it shouldnt matter much anyway.
13) There are catch-all categories, these are for unique builds such as an engine swap or a HO hybrid or something, The best of the best should end up here.
14) N2O cars fall in to the power adders categories for their respective engines.
15) You do not have to own the car anymore as it's in your registry with a detailed mod list and you've got the slips.
16) Let's be honest with one another here. Nobody benefits from bs numbers.
17) I am not making different categories based on things like a full interior. It's more trouble than it's worth. If your interior is keeping you off the list, strip it out before you go to the track.
18) Names will only be added by those who post here. Sure we can add the famous engines, but if they aren't a member here, they aren't part of the JBO top 1/4 times.
19) For Eco and quad family engines, your motor is defined by its block. For example, if you have an LD9 block and an LD9 head, its a purebred LD9, if you have an LD9 Block and a non LD9 quad head, its a hybrid LD9. The block defines your motor, the head defines whether it is purebred or hybrid. Please include this with your submissions.
20) If it's found out that someone forged their way onto the list, they'll simply be banned from participating. How sad would it be to have someone make stuff up just to be on a list for some Internet site that only the actual racers here care about? -- It's a matter of pride. You'd have to be a serious loser. --- If there's ever any question, I suppose I could ask the person to send me a scan of the slip or something. If the numbers and the mods make sense, I put the person on the list. If they made them up... well... who are they going to brag to? Their mother?

Re: Best 1/4 Times Honor Roll - Submission Thread
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:31 PM
On going topics from the thread

EvoFire wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
blackbirdracing wrote:
EvoFire wrote:to bad we dont have a built and non built options. i think 13.9 on a stock motor boosted stock trans should be something to let people see. and its got more in it to. just my opinion.

I ran a 12.8 on a stock motor, boosted stock trans... Lol...

i did as well.

and thats fine, but there is a limit to a non built motor. so i think it would be cool to let people see what can be done without building a motor. then let people see what can be done with a built motor. just my opinion......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:33 PM

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:33 PM
colt45 wrote:
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:how does everyone feel about elevations and possibly track names added into the list?

i know it would be a bitch to figure it all out but i think its worth it to know as elevation can play a big factor in times. its no different than adding in what dyno was used in the whp thread...

makes a lot of sense actually. With my time that I currently have up, I was at a much higher elevation than my last time that was 0.5 seconds slower. Edmonton, Alberta compared to St. Thomas, Ontario. Quite the difference in elevation there...

Found something that may be kind of interesting, I know elevation can wreak havoc on 1/4 times, so what if a conversion calculator like this one was used to create an even playing field? Click me to convert
I know from talking to a few people at the local track that it is the slowest they race at. Cars run consistently 1.2-1.5 seconds slower than anywhere else. Just a suggestion.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:33 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:I just realized I actually qualify for the NA quad list, haha

Timothy Norton (Transporter7220), 15.324 @ 88.95 - NA, Purebred, Street Tires, 5 speed

Sorry Brad and Mike, hopefully I'll be mid 14's soon

colt45 wrote:Colton (colt45) 16.665@80.492- N/A, auto
Switched from the steelies I was running to a set of 89 14'' Z24 rims with better tires

both added

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:04 PM
Chris Wolff (EvoFire) 13.93@99.85mph M62 Powered 3.0 pulley purebred stock internal 2.2 Ecotec, 5 sp, Daily driver set up except it was on DR's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:19 PM

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:44 PM
why don't we do a vote to see if we should separate stock internals vs modified internals...

by stock internals, this would be everything including bearings, piston rings, crank, rods, pistons, main bolts, head bolts, head gasket, valves, springs, retainers, locks, lifters, cams, cam gears, timing chains, oil pump, etc... everything inside the engine, that does not project outside the motor...

You guys make the decision...

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:35 PM
i think stock vs. built should be seperated

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:15 PM
I think it should stay as is. Not many people are going to be doing builds enough to separate the two. Times are times, built or stock. Anyone can build a motor to compete with anyone. If you are separating by motor, then you would have to separate by tire. A slick or radial is going to hook better than a street tire car, so that is a HUGE effect on times. Then you need to separate by type of forced induction and so on.....

Only thing I could see is making one that shows your time, then H for header, N for Nitrous, T for turbo, L for LSD, Dr for drag radials, and so on.

As for elevation, I put it along the lines of the built motor. You run what you brung. You race with the hand you are dealt. Whether is be a stock car or a forced induction car at sea level or high in the mountains of denver... you get what you get, where you get it. Anyone can be competitive in the top 1/4 mile racers. We start figuring in altitudes, and what times could be... or should be, or might be, well then it turns my car into if i didnt miss a shift, a 9 second car.... just seems like a lot of effort to adjust a properly functioning system.

other idea is to just keep adding times. Someone runs something, just keep adding it to the list. that way the best are still at the top. I also think the cars on the list now should stay... they were built at one point. ran down the track. just because they are gone, doesnt mean their record doesnt stand. If that was the case, over half the list would be gone since they may not own the car but are still on the forum.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:19 AM
I think we leave the list as long as it gets. If their are 30 people on a list...so be it.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, February 24, 2012 4:25 PM
odd little bug here... anyone else notice that on the racing forum page, it shows 0 replies to this thread?

Friday, February 24, 2012 5:35 PM
i did notice that.

Friday, February 24, 2012 6:43 PM
Yeah I did too.

I say differentiate like it is now, separated by engine type, tire type, and induction type. Maybe add transmission type too. Any more than that is getting too detailed for a top list.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Friday, February 24, 2012 7:56 PM
so we have 1 vote for stock vs modified ... and 3 for keeping it as is... with one person voting to remove the 15 limit and just compile a list

Friday, February 24, 2012 8:13 PM
Keep it like it is, but maybe have any important info listed with the time (ie: transmission, tires, type of induction, etc.)

Saturday, February 25, 2012 5:33 AM
i vote keep it as is i always looked at it as a competition and an accomplishment to get onto the top faster cars list.

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Saturday, March 03, 2012 8:41 PM
Cavi2Sunfire wrote:i vote keep it as is i always looked at it as a competition and an accomplishment to get onto the top faster cars list.

colt45 wrote:Keep it like it is, but maybe have any important info listed with the time (ie: transmission, tires, type of induction, etc.)

fully agree with both of these.

there will be too many sections having to split them up. if you want to see built vs. unbuilt, have it as part of the entry requirements.
Mike Hunt (mikehuntistight) 12.9@126, LN2, N/A, Built, slicks,

just like EvoFire put his up.

I need a new sig.
Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:04 PM
Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:13 PM
yeah maybe just remove the limit of 15....then let it stay how it is and let it go til it goes no more. . there wont be a lot per each list anyways. but 15 is not enough.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:12 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:12.9 N/A with an LN2?

proof demanded.

An updated profile at least. Doubt an intake and exhaust managed to get into the 12s.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:42 PM
EvoFire wrote:i think stock vs. built should be seperated

having a stock internals class would completely take away the 'eliteness' of having stock internals and being fast...

the cars here are already "classed" enough as it is.

lets not get so specific that everyone just ends up in a class that only they fit in...

"2002 cavalier with 03-05 rear conversion full interior one headlight out with 1/4 tank of gas class"
"2002 cavalier with 03-05 rear conversion full interior one headlight out with 1/2 tank of gas class"

...stupid.

and for the top 15 vs a compiled list.... IMO it should be a top 10 only (especially because of dwindling population on the forum)
but if I have to choose between top 15 and compiled list, I'd pick top 15.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:56 PM
I agree with PJ, although I think the top 15 is the better option, that way people can see how they stack up to other cars as they try to get into the top ten.

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:52 PM

proof demanded.
damn.. really? Brad... i think reading > you... lol ...I wrote that in the official thread as an example as to how to post up submissions... (except i added how to link the profile and the slip in to the format)

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 10:35 PM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:

proof demanded.
damn.. really? Brad... i think reading > you... lol ...I wrote that in the official thread as an example as to how to post up submissions... (except i added how to link the profile and the slip in to the format)

thank you. apparently my jokes go over peoples heads at times.

I need a new sig.
Friday, March 09, 2012 4:42 PM
or we could even do a yearly list to where it resets each year and also have the old threads saved for reference

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Friday, March 09, 2012 7:23 PM
14.84@92.48 60' 2.19 new times for my 2003 auto eco n/a sedan on street tires
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search