Transmission help - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Transmission help
Thursday, August 02, 2012 10:00 AM
hello all we have a 98 sunfire we use for dirt track oval racing .. our track started what they call a bomber rookie class. we built and automatic car for my buddy's daughter . we are having a problem with the pc shifting the car out of first and into second. she just about hits the chip before she has to lift but the pc shifts on her. she dose have the shifter all the way back in first . is there a way to lock it in first and not shift.

thanks

Re: Transmission help
Thursday, August 02, 2012 10:43 PM
is it a 3 or 4 spd? and where are you located... you can pm that part if you prefer...
Friday, August 03, 2012 6:11 PM
i belive it would be a 3 speed (1st 2nd OD N R P) and im located in ont canada
Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:06 PM
that is a 4 spd...i had a 3 spd in a 96 before and it only had "1 2 d ", where in ont? the 4spd is pcm controller... so either i can send you a schematic to manualy switch and wire it. OR we could tune it with hptuners and see if we can get it to work better...
Friday, August 10, 2012 6:15 PM
i live around the chatham area... the track they run on is realy small like 1/5th of a mile at best so first gear is what we have to run in to get any speed out of it .. it is strickly stock just trying to keep the car in first gear. but we also would need to be abel to run second for another track we may go run . any way wee can just keep it from shifting via the pcm will work if you dont mind sending the schm ssrjr09@gmail.com if its as easy as even snipping a wire let me know please
Sunday, August 19, 2012 9:15 AM
Corey...its a 3 speed. 4speed is 1 2 3 D N R P

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search