13s are here already wow ! - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
13s are here already wow !
Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:39 PM
This past friday decided to take the sedan to track and hope for a better run then the 14.3 it ran the last month. my best run was 13.79 @ 99.11 mph 60ft was 2.05 , second best run was 13.81 @ 100 mph 60ft 2.21. All runs where perform with full interior and 15 inch steelies with 205 60 15 fusion tires. during these runs i still had vacuum issue and slight exhaust leak lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VokPTD5_mcE&list=UUctC1gzSdw1wm7HclZCGXTg&index=5&feature=plcp

Re: 13s are here already wow !
Sunday, November 18, 2012 8:09 PM
Good job

Monday, November 19, 2012 5:31 AM
thanks dude !!! i was hoping for anything better then what i ran before a month ago which was 14.3. i would have never though i would run almost mid 13s in the form the car is with the issues it has and on a stock wagon wheel pulley lol. the crazy thing is that i almost cut a 1.9 60 ft on street tires wow !
Monday, November 26, 2012 3:52 PM
I love that it looks stock and runs like a champ...nice work
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:23 PM
Keep plugging away!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:13 PM
very nice. mods?

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:22 AM
-Z Yaaaa mods are lsj header to 2.5 dp to 2.5 custom exhaust with thrush resonator and thrust turbo like muffler and no CAT lol/ smg 62 mm tb / m62 with stock pulley/cobalt ss kit injectors 37lbs/ ttr auto mount and both motor mounts/ 205 60 15 fusion street tires/ hp tune and thats it i think. oh suspension mods are tokico blues struts and b and g springs
Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:47 PM
how and who did your hptune? you hptuned on your stock ECU?? with alpha-n? speed density?...
comparing mods I should be much faster but I cant break 14's...slipping belt and full rich on a poor tune is killing me!
great run man..what mods are next?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, January 14, 2013 2:37 AM
what motor?
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:31 AM
blu04DD wrote:how and who did your hptune? you hptuned on your stock ECU?? with alpha-n? speed density?...
comparing mods I should be much faster but I cant break 14's...slipping belt and full rich on a poor tune is killing me!
great run man..what mods are next?

Oldskool tunes him too. If someone lives within the geographic boundaries of KGM, you can bet money oldskool is their tuner, lol. He's on the eco pcm, so alpha n. And i believe there is plenty of room to grow where he is currently tuned. Also helps that Manny is a vetern when it comes to the 1/4 miles!
Ditch Trifecta and you'll be well into the 13s too man

Saturday, February 02, 2013 8:38 AM
blu04DD next mods are bfg drags/ race gas / better tune/2.8 zzp pulley/ dual pass mod ..... Hoping this would get me as close to 12s as possible lol.

Monday, February 04, 2013 11:40 AM
lol Manny....I HAVE all those mods and still cant get a good run.
just for comparison:
stock 2.2Ecotec
06 cobalt ss/sc - intake manifold, m62
42.3lb/hr injectors
2.8" smoothflow pulley
stage2 belt
zzp S3 h/e
option b d
dual pass end plate (water wetter/water mix)
racetronix high flow wbody pump with harness
two step colder NGK plugs
short shifter
stage2+ 6puck clutch (new factory flywheel)
full stability mods: front rear strut bars, cadillac trunk bar, rear addco sway bar
tein s front springs, eibach sportline rear springs, S/T struts/shocks
carbon fiber hood (VIS Evo)
daily drive on 14" steelies (195/70/14), and track its BFG drag radials (on a set of sunfire rims)

my best on my tune and slipping belt was like 14.4@98 or something
you'll be destroying me at the track with those mods you want, that i already have lol...and i know you're pretty quick cause im pulling on fully bolted camaros, mustangs, G37s, turbo and sc civics, etc.

Ive got sitting in my garage, stage2 cams, titanium double valve springs, devils own meth kit, LS1 and Vortec throttle bodies, Grand am GT aluminum CA's and poly bushings, TTR Kbrace, and i think a few others. lack of tuning is my achillies heel of this car...i mean it whole heartedly im jealous and glad at the same time to see you're hitting almost mid 13s on what id consider a 'mild' stage cav

Monday, February 04, 2013 11:44 AM
Evil...i think i should just plan a half week trip up there to you guys and get it tuned lol. Maybe bring the parts, have someone help me with cams/springs and get it all tuned in a weekend!
you think with cams and a bigger throttle body the car will be drivable without an adjusted tune, at least a 'no boost' cruise to a tuner?

Monday, February 04, 2013 1:08 PM
If you're serious about coming up to pa let me know. I'm planning on doing a lot of work there too in the spring; be happy to help you out with yours. I have pretty much a full complement of tools, including a lift, in my garage. Oldskool will likely be coming there to tune me too since I'm swapping injectors and live 20 minutes from him.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, February 04, 2013 1:27 PM
Yellow, appreciate it!
Im wanting to do the cams and stuff myself because i basically have done everything else on my own as well, and it helps me learn...but there comes a point where I just start getting fed up waiting. I have a truck and another car on the way here shortly, but the cav is still my dd. i dont want it inoperable for 6 months because i upgraded it but cant drive it out of the garage lol.

If i do plan a trip up there, Ill let you know! My other option is just to buy the damn Trifecta cable and install the software on one of my laptops and just do my own datalogging. This was my original plan a little ways back IF i keep the cavalier. With thoughts of selling looming, i dont wanna buy it just to sell it. lol

Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:52 PM
Dude I'm so jealous of you guys living in the same area. I know Wizard is here in KC with me, and I haven't met him yet but oh so jellin!

To turbocharge, or not to uh, uh..... eh, that last part don't matter.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search