Track Carnage - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Track Carnage
Friday, April 20, 2012 12:03 PM
I see a couple threads to post pictures of the cars racing, but i'm kind of interested in seeing pictures of carnage from the track, anything and everything from broken parts to completely written off cars. I'll start...

Broken control arm

Some minor cosmetic damage.

96 2.2L, #66 on the dirt track

Re: Track Carnage
Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:12 PM
Hit the wall and rolled.
Monday, April 23, 2012 7:20 PM

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:41 PM
Ouch, looks like you've taken a few pretty good hits. I've been lucky enough not to hit anything too hard yet, at least nothing to bend the front end up.

Friday, May 11, 2012 7:00 AM
The team i'm on we know the owner of the track quite well so he lets us come up and do practice runs before he starts preparing the track for the next race, so it gives us a chance to see what may be wrong with the cars, and you find out pretty quick on a track that is not grated or smoothed out in any way... When there's only two or three cars on the track you tend to run a lot harder than when there's a dozen or more as there's more room and you're less likely to slam into someone, but you tend to break more stuff as you're pushing the car a lot harder.

Anyway, my uncle and i were running around the track just kind of racing each other and then i spun out, i thought that he bumped me while going around the turn but that wasn't the issue...

Here's a video of when that happened... you should be able to see it, it's open to everyone.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150751107992047

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:27 AM
Nice, I've aways been interested in the hornet class, not sure if that's what they call it where you guys are from, but it's pretty cool...

99z for 2015.. I'm back bitches
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:33 AM
Had our first race day of the season May 26th, sadly didn't get any pictures or videos due i had forgotten to charge my phone and it died, i don't own my own trailer so i'm waiting until i get access to my relatives so i can tow my car back, i'll get some pictures when i'm up there. I got t-boned at about 50km/h, i bent something in the front end pretty good as my steering wheel alignment is waaay of now and my front wheels are towed out, and shoved both my front fenders underneath the hood lol.

Um, not sure which one of us you're talking to but we don't have anything called a hornet class where i run, our classes are just determined by how many cylinders your car has.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:34 PM
Thats why you install a caravan hub, cause the factory one just does not hold up to that abuse well.
Saturday, June 23, 2012 4:18 PM
Hornets are what they call the 4 cylander/sport compact classes
Sunday, July 08, 2012 10:33 AM
Curt, i'm on the search for a Caravan hub now, hopefully they will hold up well as they're getting hard to find.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:10 PM
Well, looks like the Caravan hub won't be an issue as the car is going to be going to scrap here shortly, after last race i snapped the k-frame, rear axle is bent, brake booster is shot, for some reason or another during all this my power steering pump the pulley and shaft slid out, whatever else it may need in the front end. Not worth fixing at this point, too much rust, paid $120 for the car a year ago so i suppose that's a decent life span lol.

Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:53 AM
4 Different days

Friday, December 14, 2012 8:01 AM
lol why not just save all the trouble and build them into demo cars?

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Friday, December 14, 2012 8:29 AM
I'll just leave this here...

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search