Live Action thread (videos of driving/racing) - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Live Action thread (videos of driving/racing)
Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:20 PM
great vids all, wish i had roads like that in my neck of mexico!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:51 AM
Lincoln NE, Aug 18th. 2013 Midiv championship, running the 2012 SOLO Nats east course.

I still need to work out some log conversion issues so the speed and throttle show up correctly.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:09 PM
Video I made with my new MD Action Cam.

Video

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:31 AM
James, that is a bad ass video feature! What would allow me to do that so on my back country road cruises it displays all that?

Addicted that looks fun! I love my cruises around town and like the group you cruised with, our club is a huge mix of nice cars from rotary to blown V8's (and funny enough the boosted jbodies can keep up with or beat many of them ).
Good choice in music too!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:55 AM
Do you have an android phone? If you do download Torque and your life will be complete. I'll PM you one of my videos, don't wanna post it publicly.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:00 AM
nah...unfortunately iPhone. I like it because its smaller and better for phone usage, but does not have the Torque app available

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:42 PM
The program is Racerender2. The 3 minute version is freeware, but if you want anything more than that you've got to pay. It takes just about any type of datalog input file and you get to set up whatever you want for gauges and whatnot. It takes a bit of practice to sync the datalog and video, and depending on what you're using to datalog, some of the values might lag. I use an Android phone with bluetooth to my Megasquirt and sync it to my GoPro video. The worst part to get correct is speed. The MS has no speed input so it's all based on the phone GPS, which lags terribly.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:34 AM
sweet thanks ill look into it! well 3min is far more than enough for autox obviously..but it would be neat to have for videos cruising around the back roads. if something works well Id definitely be willing to pay for it

Sunday, September 01, 2013 11:49 PM
Me vs my friends stage two Cobb tuned WRX. Thats me you hear spinning all through 2nd.

Weird buzzing sound is a text in this video.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 11:55 AM
holy crap man that sounds amazing! How do you get it to grab so well in the 2nd video? even with my m62 running a lot less power i cant go WOT until about 3rd gear. That is bad ass, your car must whoop up on a lot of local muscle and tuners that think they got fast cars! Mine did well with only about 200 at the wheels due to a @!#$ty tune and was still pulling a lot of decent rides. Cant wait to get my LSJ in and properly tuned with HPT..but it'd still get its ass handed to it by yours lol

Monday, February 17, 2014 6:05 PM
Man roofy watching that video makes me wish we had a 1/4 mile track close by.

Reminds me of how mine pulled before the head work 2.0 60' 7.94 @ 84 mph in the 1/8 mile but I wish I knew if it would keep that pace up

Nice car man

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....

Friday, March 07, 2014 10:36 AM
Got a GoPro not too long ago and been playing around with it. This is a lame video at the beach from a few weeks ago when the temps were actually above freezing. I don't really get on it at all except at 4:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_8UCjEGyhU
It looks better if you manually set the quality to at least 720p.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, April 03, 2014 9:49 AM
Oregon Raceway Park, first time on a road course. Passenger was my instructor, Adam, british guy who had some awesome advice. This was the third session and as you can see we got held up by traffic at first. The GoPro is suctioned to the dome light and I can't tell if he hit it off or if the force the camera pulled the light cover off.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Thursday, April 03, 2014 9:50 AM
Forgot the link in my last post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acRp8EhgddI

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Thursday, April 03, 2014 7:18 PM
Shawn McKenzie wrote:Oregon Raceway Park, first time on a road course. Passenger was my instructor, Adam, british guy who had some awesome advice. This was the third session and as you can see we got held up by traffic at first. The GoPro is suctioned to the dome light and I can't tell if he hit it off or if the force the camera pulled the light cover off.

Thats awesome. I like the idea of the mount on the dome light as far as view. I might try that one.

FU Tuning

Sunday, April 13, 2014 3:48 PM
New Video
new video with my new Monoprice HD Sport camera. Has a nice app that allows me to see what is recording and start and stop it.

FU Tuning

Monday, April 28, 2014 8:32 PM
Latest Heartland Park Topeka excursion. Running on 16" Kuhmo SPTs at the end of a wet day, hence the slower top speed than normal, and the tire chirping. I was surprised they stuck as well as they did for a street tire.

I'm still running the MSDroid for engine datalogs, and I found a great Android app for lap times, GPS, speed, G force, etc. It's called RaceChrono in the play store. RaceRender will take the .csv as an input. It's a lot more accurate than MSDroid for GPS sampling.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search