Disable Vtec? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Disable Vtec?
Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:07 AM
Hey guys im turning my 95 z24 2.3L Quad 4 into a circle track car. Someone was telling me I have to disable the vtec? Do I have this? How do I disable it? How big of an impact does it have? Im not very good with cars yet, in process of learning

Here is my rule:

Engine modifications, and/or factory equipped power adders: Any engine equipped with variable valve timing, or
secondary valve systems, must be made ineffective (disabled) on the vehicle. EXAMPLE: A Honda/Acura B17C1
DOHC 1.7L VTEC would not be allowed to have the VTEC solenoids enabled. Another example would be Mitsubishi's
MIVEC system.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Disable Vtec?
Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:17 AM
Vtec is valve timing and electronic control lift, you DEFINITLY dont have that in a Quad 4, thats just raw power buddy You should be good to just run straight up like that.
Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:18 AM
yay, thanks for posting. I greatly appreciate it. The car has a nice pull i was afraid i was about to kill it
Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:28 AM
No problem! Any help is better then no help enjoy and wish you the best of luck! They do have a nice solid low torque band. But dogs up top.
Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:42 AM
Yep I agree. I drive an 08 mustang GT during the summer. I thought when i got the cavalier it was gonna seem like a real piece of junk haha. I was quite impressed actually. My mustang has almost double the HP. How much does the cavalier weight? Im curious what mine weights now. No interior at all including dash. No heater core. No ac system.
Thursday, May 02, 2013 7:03 AM
For what its worth, Honda never made a B17C1.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, May 02, 2013 7:09 AM
YEP, ONLY A 92 gsr Motor would have had this. Also all the JDM 1.7's were D series.

Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:02 AM
Sorry jason, but they did make a b17A1! which clearly is a b series in the 92-93 gs-r But i think he might have meant b18c1. Eitherway, LD9 is a torque monster that has potential on a mustang. V6 for that matter Lol
Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:05 AM
Sorry mis read that, your correct jason, all JDM style, but this b17 was a USDM style motor. My apology...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search