Direct wiring radiator fan switch? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Direct wiring radiator fan switch?
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:08 AM
Not an electrician, so don't want to fry anything... Need help to direct wire my radiator fan (bypassing the relay) to toggle switch on the dash for circle track racing...

Can I just go with two wire setup (power and ground) through the switch? Any good diagrams?

Thanks,
Keith

Re: Direct wiring radiator fan switch?
Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:22 PM
Friday, April 18, 2014 6:46 AM
with heavy enough gauge wire and a correctly rated switch you could go with a 2 wire setup

but i would highly recommend the relay option .. the fans at full rpm pull a decent chunk of power .. so the relay allows you to keep the heavy wires shorter and contained in the engine compartment ... then you can run a 2 wire setup to the switch panel on the dash
Friday, April 18, 2014 5:26 PM
Anyone use a kill switch? Is so can you post what you used and how to wire it up. Not sure if I need it but couldn't hurt
Friday, April 18, 2014 7:01 PM
Matt Bootsman wrote:Anyone use a kill switch? Is so can you post what you used and how to wire it up. Not sure if I need it but couldn't hurt

For what sanctioning body? Most of them are different. You will probably need to cut power to the ECM too which will require a different kind of switch.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search