Passlock for race car - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Passlock for race car
Monday, August 05, 2013 7:05 PM
We're building a circle track car and the wiring harness has already been hacked up. Trying to bypass the passlock because it seems to think it learns it but then doesn't. Crank the car up and it dies after a second like it needs to learn, the theft light blinks for a couple seconds and goes solid. Then I start the process over. I've tried a few things but haven't gotten anywhere. I've searched here and on the internet but can't seem to find anything that works. Being that it's not nor will ever be a streetable car I was hoping there was either some kind of bypass that was able to be done with a car that can't be started and kept running and/or someone might know something from experience that shouldn't be cut out and maybe it was. As far as I know the only things that were cut out were those that wouldn't matter on a race car, a/c stuff, lighting wiring, seat stuff, windows etc.

It's a 97 base model with 2.2 that we converted from auto to manual, also cut out the wiring for the auto trans.

Thanks!

Re: Passlock for race car
Tuesday, August 06, 2013 7:31 PM
I figured it out. In case anyone needs to know add a 2200 ohm resistor to the yellow wire and then start the car, let it die, and allow it time to do the anti theft relearn. Takes about 10 minutes and worked for me with a car that I couldn't get running to begin with.
Monday, February 02, 2015 3:16 PM
I've heard you can do it with just unplugging it, do you know if that's true?

Built and boosted 2.2 ohv
Saturday, February 07, 2015 8:03 AM
does the resistor trick work on a 2002 too?

HP sell car, Torque win race
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search