2017 circle track - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2017 circle track
Monday, January 09, 2017 9:37 AM
2016 was my first season in a FWD car, and my first season with a cavalier. i joined this site in hopes of learning about the gm platform as ive been a honda guy most of my life. i bought the 2016 car in february and had just 3 months to get it prepped for the season. i took a pile of junk and was able to get 3rd place in our car show, as well as numerous top 3 finishes with 1 win. this is all against v6 cars.

so after the season i went to do our post deason tear down to get the car ready for 2017. well that ended horribly after finding a tremendous amount of rot and broken structure. so i pulled all the good parts and sent it to the junker.

so i went and found another chassis to put my running gear in. this one has no rust or rot other than on the hood, and has a blown engine. perfect donor.

Re: 2017 circle track
Monday, January 09, 2017 9:50 AM
i will update this thread as the season goes on. 5/6/17 is our car show and first race. i still have to pull the blown engine, swap the transmission and put my other engine in. then finish up the fuel system and everything will get painted.
Saturday, February 04, 2017 7:39 AM
Car looks good man. Good luck to ya
Monday, February 20, 2017 9:43 AM

Saturday, March 04, 2017 8:51 AM
Great looking car!
Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:36 AM
beautiful build ... nice job

looks like an asphalt car so i gotta ask what are you doing for suspension

i just built a sunfire for our tracks new ministock division and its running well but i'm sitting way to high compared to everyone else
and at the moment she is tight in loose off so i need to make changes but i figure lowering it should be the first change

we have tried the edbach lowering springs in the past and the progressive rate seems to hurt us bad so was wondering what others are doing
Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:47 AM
We have to run stock suspension, Im still trying to figure out a stock spring that will lower the car a bit, but no luck. Are you running the rear with a sway bar?
Really the only adjustments im allowed to make is with sway bar sizes and tire pressure.
Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:52 AM

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 5:10 PM
Put lowering springs in. Just paint them black.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search