Finally got some time slips to prove my slowness:P - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finally got some time slips to prove my slowness:P
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:36 PM
First time ever going to a track tonight, I have been wanting to go a while but never did. I know im not fast, or even quick. I just wanted a base before I started moding my car to severe so I know what actually works or not. The only thing on my car is RKSports Cat-back exhaust, and RKSports upper/lower mounts. Anyway, my slips were
(PS i know my reaction was horrible, im working on it, this was my second run EVER) BTW its a 1/8 mile track. And my car is a 2001 Sunfire, 2200 Automatic 3speed
0.500 Tree Speed
0.00 Dial-In
0.925 Reaction
2.507 60
10.496 594
62.13 MPH
11.221 660

Anyway, I dont really know if thats good or not compared to other 2200s, but it was fun and I will be doing it a lot more to work on my skills. My first run reaction was 1.5, then 1.1, lowest was a 0.8. That 11.2 was best time, my others were 11.7, 11.4, 11.2, 11.3. I have a question, can anyone tell me whats a roundabout estimate of what my 1/4 would be? Also is there anything I could do to my car to make it a little quicker, without buying new parts. Such as interior removal, etc... Thank you!!! Sorry it was so long, Im still excited (just got home about ~20mins ago)

Re: Finally got some time slips to prove my slowness:P
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:58 PM
check my slip, i have a 2200... but its on a 1/4 track

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Re: Finally got some time slips to prove my slowness:P
Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:59 AM
Okay thanks!
Re: Finally got some time slips to prove my slowne
Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:27 AM
heres an easy one

take out your spare tire, floor mats and clean all the trash out

thats what im doing
Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:35 AM
Car is clean inside, removed my sub box and spare tire and stuff before I ran. only had ~1/4 a tank. Didnt think removing seats would really make a difference, how about changing out my rims on it now and putting stock 15 steelies back on it, would that change anything? (17s on it now)
Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:48 AM
the seat ways 35 lbs, its not that big of a diff... and the rear bench part is all foam

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:51 AM
ya i didnt think it would be a diff, just curious
Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:54 AM
Check my time slips for an 02 cavy 2200 5spd at an 1/8th mile track ive made several runs and only posted my two best.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search