Sway bar and brakes on the way, reccomend springs? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sway bar and brakes on the way, reccomend springs?
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:24 AM
I just orders powerslot rotors with hawk pads, and a rear swaybar from gravana

Can anyone reccomend some good lowering springs for STS or am I better off holding out for coilovers? In my region the current top competition is a 96 or so Acura Integra. I beat him in stock class but subaruzilla was kicking everyone in stock so I figured it's time to upgrade

I also have KYB AGX's already installed.

-Chris

Re: Sway bar and brakes on the way, reccomend spri
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4:01 PM
i bet a prokit would go good with that....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:59 PM
Yeah, I would say prokit.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 11:25 PM
H&R

see ya!

Thursday, March 17, 2005 4:38 AM
If you want to be the best, you'll need coilovers for the fact you can pick rates, height, and you can cornerweight.....though I'd HIGHLY recommend finding a set that allow the use of OE type strut mounts (i.e. you don't have to mod your mounts....good mod, but requires upkeep and if you dont have the ability to fix at your convience, you're going to have issues sooner or later. I dunno if there is a set of coilovers out there that don't require a mod to our mounts for our car though.

As for springs, get 3 sets and test em. If you're stickin with AGX's though, I doubt they will be good for more than a season if used with high spring rates and lowered past their rec'd max.

Just my 2cents.

Lightweight honDuhs can kiss my fat Crapalier a$$
A new autoX ride for '08.....
Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:24 PM
If you got a grand to drop, Gravana's coilovers have finally been realeased (or within the next week). No mount modification that I'm aware of other than you have to put 95-99 front mounts in place of yours (which are better mounts anyways).

His coilovers look VERY nice.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:39 PM
If my agx's die then i will get custom/koni's

see ya!

Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:40 PM
How about you get the agx's replaced under warranty and hook me up .

Re: Sway bar and brakes on the way, reccomend springs?
Friday, March 18, 2005 7:57 AM
my current sts setup for this year is, kyb agx's, eibach pro kit, eibach front n rear sways, freedom design front n rear strut tower bars, weapon r intake, weapon r 4-2-1 header, 2.5" exhaust, black racing pro n1 17" rims w/ falken azenis 225/45/17 rt 615 (the new ones muahaha)

Friday, March 18, 2005 7:58 AM
also i'm prolly gonna need some new brake pads 1 or 2 events into this years season. Prolly gonna run hawks or green stuff.

Friday, March 18, 2005 3:13 PM
Joshua Huber wrote:my current sts setup for this year is, kyb agx's, eibach pro kit, eibach front n rear sways, freedom design front n rear strut tower bars, weapon r intake, weapon r 4-2-1 header, 2.5" exhaust, black racing pro n1 17" rims w/ falken azenis 225/45/17 rt 615 (the new ones muahaha)

I've got money you're illegal for STS under the current ruleset........which is exactly why I don't have this particular mod yet.

On another note, how do you like the pro-kit with the AGXs?

Friday, March 18, 2005 9:18 PM
Zach wrote:How about you get the agx's replaced under warranty and hook me up .
trust me they worn warranty mine they are not too good at replacing struts that have had the spring perch cut off lol

see ya!

Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:44 AM
actually i'm the car classifcation officer for our club...Every mod done to my car is allowed under STS guidelines.

I haven't had enough seat time with the agx's to form an opnion yet. However I have previously ran koni reds & yellows and they died horrible deaths. So hopefully the kyb's last longer.

Sunday, March 20, 2005 11:53 AM
Joshua Huber wrote:actually i'm the car classifcation officer for our club...Every mod done to my car is allowed under STS guidelines.

I haven't had enough seat time with the agx's to form an opnion yet. However I have previously ran koni reds & yellows and they died horrible deaths. So hopefully the kyb's last longer.

What happened to the Yellows? Why not just get those revalved to what you are looking for?

And I think you need to read exactly what it says about how the exhaust system needs to be, i.e. the header and how it changes that over OE.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search