launching - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
launching
Thursday, August 04, 2005 6:13 PM
what would be the best way to launch a auto z

Re: launching
Saturday, August 06, 2005 10:11 AM
hold brake and gas at the same time b4 launching i guess.. i think thats what most people do. i never launched an automatic b4 though.

Saturday, August 06, 2005 10:23 AM
put it in neutral, rev it to 5 k and slam it into drive
Saturday, August 06, 2005 1:18 PM
lmao.. I dare you to do what L33t just said to do... and take pictures of the pieces of your tranny afterwards too for our enjoyment!!!!

1998 Cavalier Z24
Saturday, August 06, 2005 1:26 PM
Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:20 AM
L33tJbody (Brandon Gathye) wrote:put it in neutral, rev it to 5 k and slam it into drive

You had better be joking

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Saturday, August 13, 2005 11:38 AM
you can't even rev to 5k any ways, rev limiter is set at like 4k rpm in neutral and park
Saturday, August 13, 2005 2:34 PM
L33tJbody (Brandon Gathye)
Saturday, August 06, 2005 12:23 PM

put it in neutral, rev it to 5 k and slam it into drive

thats a nice way to tear it up

2004 Cavalier, 2.2 ecotec, 5spd getrag
do you ever notice that the ones who talk the loudest have the least to talk about?
Saturday, August 13, 2005 4:29 PM
Put it in drive, hold the brake and gas it, it should max out at 2000 or so rpm, and then launch be smoked by standard ;D

Monday, August 15, 2005 7:00 AM
My 1989 Cav Z24 never ripped apart the tranny. While running around the mall, I shift to reverse, drive backward until about 60 km/h, and then slam it into 1st. Pulls off one hell of a burnout. I also sit there in neutral and rev it about as high as 5k, and slam it into drive, once again, a burnout, but not as much.

You hold the brake and rev it, your motor will only rev to around 1k, maybe 1.5, talking from experience. However it's better to have some RPM than starting from idle (500rpm) like what I did with the cav. It's a habit with me and autos, I do the same with my camry. I rev the CRX to 3-4k, drop the clutch, watch the wheels spin for a bit then go.
Thursday, August 18, 2005 11:45 AM
^ Give it time...

Friday, August 19, 2005 8:40 PM
hahaha... i no wat he means...cuz at work i take the TL and TSX's that i drive and sometimes i get it rollin back ward put it in gear and i get a hell of a burn out...its pretty fun...plus they new cars.... :p
Friday, September 02, 2005 12:26 PM
Calvin Di Bartolo wrote:My 1989 Cav Z24 never ripped apart the tranny. While running around the mall, I shift to reverse, drive backward until about 60 km/h, and then slam it into 1st. Pulls off one hell of a burnout. I also sit there in neutral and rev it about as high as 5k, and slam it into drive, once again, a burnout, but not as much.

You hold the brake and rev it, your motor will only rev to around 1k, maybe 1.5, talking from experience. However it's better to have some RPM than starting from idle (500rpm) like what I did with the cav. It's a habit with me and autos, I do the same with my camry. I rev the CRX to 3-4k, drop the clutch, watch the wheels spin for a bit then go.

omfg Im laughing just reading this. Your car is 16 years old. PERIOD.

Friday, September 02, 2005 4:40 PM
If you have ever seen a stock dyno sheet for the 2.4 u will also note that the optimum launch for us autos is 2400 rpm which is where we hit peak tq. But dont come to me when u @!#$ up ur tranny cause im busy @!#$ up mine

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Saturday, July 29, 2006 2:29 PM
I tried that neutral drop and my car wont get out of first gear and wont go in reverse now!

LOL JK
Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:04 AM
buy a manual transmission and never ask this question again.

deleted
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 2:42 PM
L33tJbody (Brandon Gathye) wrote:put it in neutral, rev it to 5 k and slam it into drive

My ex used to do that in her Metro LOL

Caution: Redneck Posting
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 3:42 AM
I don't know about your brakes but I can hold it up to 2.5k before my cars starts lurching foreward. best run of 16.03 with my auto in 95 degree heat

"Smoked"
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 4:10 AM
i hold around 3k all the time when lunching. i have slotted rotors and hawk performance pads if that makes any difference, i dunno.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:45 PM
Brake + Gas untill about 2000 or 2500 RPM.

Dump brake at last yellow light

depress the gas (by calling it names, and call it useless)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search