Anyone here running a cobalt yet? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone here running a cobalt yet?
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 2:59 PM
just wondering if anyone here has times for the Cobalt SS supercharged (just got an 06 myself) Also I am looking for a place in the seattle area to race... (yes legally)

------Phil--->

Re: Anyone here running a cobalt yet?
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:12 PM
i raced a silver one once. pretty good race considering at the time i just had a intake and cat back. he pulled about car to a car and a 1/2 on me. i thought i did good considering hes supercharged and im not. but then again idk if he was toying with me or not plus he had 2 other people with him and it was only me so its hard to say. I see him around every so often so next time if i see him and i got someone with me I will try to get a video of it for proof

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:27 PM
Cool.. glad I got this thing.. better than my old 04 cavy. and.... since I am retarded when it comes to posting...... hope my sig works

------Phil--->
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:44 PM
Gemini 24 wrote: Also I am looking for a place in the seattle area to race... (yes legally)

Bremerton Raceway and in Kent.
BTW I found these from FLORIDA!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:48 PM
Haha thanks.. Im so lazy.

------Phil--->
Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:36 AM
he was toying with you, i raced one with my exhasut and 2.7" pulley, beat him by 2 cars to about 80,

i wasent impressed with it considering its got a biger intercooled charger.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:38 AM

All I have to say. At that was only a 8 or 10PSI pass I think. I think that is right around the 330ft mark on the track too. It only grew from there.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:19 AM
^^^^hahaha nice....that's too is my goal

try checking cobaltss.net maybe???

Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:23 AM
my buddy has an 05 cobalt ss and i could stay dead even with him when he was at stock boost until 4th gear then he'd start to kreep on me a little.. he just added another 3psi and its very noticeable.. only problem he has is he can never get traction launching the car... just spins tire, especially at 15psi

-marc

gettin blown @ 6psi daily..
Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:45 AM
i have a 05 slobalt ss, my best i ran was a 14.4 @ 97mph, ive seen most cobalt owners not doing very good at the track on a average i see ppl posting 14.8-15.1

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:53 PM
the ones i seen ran 15.5

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:44 AM
Boosted2point4 wrote:i have a 05 slobalt ss, my best i ran was a 14.4 @ 97mph, ive seen most cobalt owners not doing very good at the track on a average i see ppl posting 14.8-15.1

Your best 14.4, was that stock?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/448390

Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:52 AM
no i have a filter and had 2 gal of 100 octane, my best completly stock was 14.7 but that was also the first time to the track with the car, then i added the filter and best was a 14.6, and the last time i went added 2 gal of 100 octane to 1/2 a tank of 93 and pulled a 14.4

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Saturday, November 12, 2005 7:02 PM
guy at the track last night pulled a 13.8 with an ION redline with it upped to 15lbs of boost, rest was stock

he also is having a hell of a time gettin traction

Sunday, November 13, 2005 1:10 AM
hypsy are those slicks or radials

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Sunday, November 13, 2005 7:42 AM
i do it with a DOT BFG Drag Radial

street tires baby

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, November 13, 2005 12:19 PM
hypsy(the12secondone) wrote:
All I have to say. At that was only a 8 or 10PSI pass I think. I think that is right around the 330ft mark on the track too. It only grew from there.

in defense of the cobalt as a platform, I didn't see a 60' better than maybe 2.4 out of those moron drivers at the bash... Half of what I could see was "rev it up, dump clutch, bog..." or "rev it up, dump clutch, wheel hop, don't back out, just keep wheel hopping and getting on the gas more..."

Those guys were freakin amateurs.... Everybody's gotta start somewhere but you can't take the performance of obviously rookie drivers and use that to judge the car itself. They were trapping around 93 mph and considering that my crew's cars were down about 2 mph from home at atco they'd be trapping around 95 which would say they'd be good for low 14's stock with a competent driver... not like there are that many to be had around the compact car scene around here, but hey, what can you do?

Although you DID smoke his ass Hypsy

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Sunday, November 13, 2005 2:17 PM
notciable difference?

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Friday, November 18, 2005 7:42 PM

I <3 Scannerz!!

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Friday, November 18, 2005 7:54 PM
checkout cobaltss.net

Saturday, November 19, 2005 2:48 PM
Bluecavi wrote:
I

That doesn't look right, look at the 0-100mph vs 1/4 time and mph. It takes the cobalt one second to get from 99.3 to 100? I doubt it and the srt 0-100 in 13.8 yet a 1/4 mile of 14.4 at 100.8? It just doesn't add up.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier

Saturday, November 19, 2005 2:59 PM
it adds up exactly.... guess your not too good in math, try again
Saturday, November 19, 2005 11:21 PM
id still take a Slowbalt SS over a Dodge Neon anyday. if iwanted a Dodge Ram, id get one

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 3:46 PM
@!#$ cobalts are better than cavy's and fires like the quality and i bet when they finally produce a twin charge the ss will be amazing
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:45 PM
I thought the supercharged cobalt's were faster. all those quarter mile times don't seem very good. maybe they weren't the greatest drivers...

I was all excited because my friends girlfriend is getting one and I wanted to drive it. I'm sure we can talk her into letting us race it against my car. I know I'll lose, but I just want too see the difference. Anyhow, it would be awesome if I could get my car to run with ss cobalt's N/A...probably not till after the rebuild though...

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search