Autox Plans for 06 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Autox Plans for 06
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 2:00 PM
It's that time of the year again to evaluate mods and classing, where's everyone running next year?

Myself:
STS
All I need to get are my rims, tires, (springs or coilovers) short throw shifter, a rear strut brace, and I'll be ready for STS.

Current:
Arospeed Header
AEM CAI
Thermal Research Cat-back Exhaust
Corbue CR1 racing seats
1" Addco Rear swaybar
poly lower motor mount
poly control arm bushings
KYB AGX's

Suspension to be done:
install H&R springs and move to coilovers sometime during the year.

Rims:
Falken Habani 16.7lbs 17x7 with Falken RT-615's, these will be for daily driving and autocross during the summer, or i'll get Kosei K1-TS's rims if they have them available for our cars by the time I purchase.

-Chris

Re: Autox Plans for 06
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:33 PM
Me thinks its time to upgrade your brakes as well.

I plan to stick with FSP and hope the P.O.S. 2.2l OHV can continue to run for the next year.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 6:15 AM
I've got powerslots, and Hawk HP's.
Add to that list a new set of pads (maybe bobcats this time), and some SS brakelines then

*still want a damned edit button*

-Chris

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 3:02 PM
Oooo, bobcats... Definaly consider the SS lines. They make the brake pedal very firm and consistent. Also, flush with some valvoline sytnec brake fluid for added protection against boiling the fluid.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 4:42 PM
I am sure that my car will not change for 06' i had to learn hoe to adjust the car for me. i think i got it all worked out. i might try like a 325lb front spring to get teh car a bit more front end grip. I have been car shopping as well i like the G6 GTP 6speed and the malibu ss, and i drove a GTO my wife wants a impala SS i guess i we will choose a car by march. our saturn L300 has got to go! POS!

see ya!

Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:58 PM
have you guys seen the schedule yet??

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Thursday, December 01, 2005 12:00 AM
I will be running in DSP for '06

Over the winter I hope to pick up some D specs with the tokico springs and some decent R compounds on 15's I am thinking.

I am also going to try and get some more things done performance wise like:

RSM Crank pulley
Walbro in tank fuel pump
header/exhaust

Just my wish list for now have to see how things go between now and April.

||Click to visit my Cardomain page|Omaha Racing|Nebraska Region SCCA||
Monday, December 05, 2005 12:35 AM
I'll still be running DSP severely underprepped since I had to put most of next years budget towards a new car for the g/f. Hopefully I can make through the season on last years V710's considering the wear has been suprisingly good

I might add a chip and UD pulley if I have the time, but I really need an EP LSD to make decent improvements

CACC BC Region - DSP
http:www.victoriamotorsports.ca
Monday, December 05, 2005 5:52 PM
i'm prolly stayin HS, i have no money, damn fines
but if i do somewhere find some money i'll do FSP or maybe SM havent decided yet
but i will stay out of STS at all costs, damn hondas

Monday, December 05, 2005 9:31 PM
I have more mods planned but I'll still remain in the same class.... TSM

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Monday, December 05, 2005 9:33 PM
novaracer wrote:I am sure that my car will not change for 06' i had to learn hoe to adjust the car for me. i think i got it all worked out. i might try like a 325lb front spring to get teh car a bit more front end grip. I have been car shopping as well i like the G6 GTP 6speed and the malibu ss, and i drove a GTO my wife wants a impala SS i guess i we will choose a car by march. our saturn L300 has got to go! POS!

Maurice, I vote for a 05 ion redline w/ the competition package. Fair price for a nice car to autoX I'm sure

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Monday, December 05, 2005 11:34 PM
Airtonics wrote:
novaracer wrote:I am sure that my car will not change for 06' i had to learn hoe to adjust the car for me. i think i got it all worked out. i might try like a 325lb front spring to get teh car a bit more front end grip. I have been car shopping as well i like the G6 GTP 6speed and the malibu ss, and i drove a GTO my wife wants a impala SS i guess i we will choose a car by march. our saturn L300 has got to go! POS!

Maurice, I vote for a 05 ion redline w/ the competition package. Fair price for a nice car to autoX I'm sure
thats what i thought when i tested the redline ion but the car i drove was a nonlsd car. that thing was fast but it would need a lsd and a rear bar along with a good alignment and comp stage 2 kid to have a chance in TSM still thinking about it , but i like the cobalt better with the lsd black

see ya!

Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:26 AM
My plans....

To figure out what to drive and to race more than 3 crappy times.

Lightweight honDuhs can kiss my fat Crapalier a$$
A new autoX ride for '08.....
Thursday, December 15, 2005 4:01 PM
Race the MR2. Cavaliers suck.

Friday, December 16, 2005 6:20 AM
im new to the auto-x scenery and i made it to the last meet in hershey and met up with LiquidFireCavy (mdk). if you check my reg, what class(es) could i participate in this coming season? i do plan on getting and installing the rear sway bar and most likely the HO IM installed, but thats it for now.

Friday, December 16, 2005 9:15 AM
fst_99Z24 wrote:im new to the auto-x scenery and i made it to the last meet in hershey and met up with LiquidFireCavy (mdk). if you check my reg, what class(es) could i participate in this coming season? i do plan on getting and installing the rear sway bar and most likely the HO IM installed, but thats it for now.

Looks like you could run STS, but when you do rhe HO IM that will put you in DSP

CACC BC Region - DSP
http:www.victoriamotorsports.ca
Friday, December 16, 2005 7:01 PM
dont run STS in our region
the Hondas will kill you!!
it looks like you could compete in FSP or DSP, so i would check into that, chances are you will have more of a chance then in our STS

http://www.scca-susq.com/index.html

contact Mike Louie for more info
mikelouie@comcast.net

Saturday, December 17, 2005 9:34 AM
Zach wrote:Race the MR2. Cavaliers suck.

Haven't raced the MR2 since '04 and it's not my vehicle. The owner of it is getting a F125 kart. Plus, I'd rather run a ST class.

Lightweight honDuhs can kiss my fat Crapalier a$$
A new autoX ride for '08.....
Monday, December 19, 2005 8:42 AM
AutoXFool wrote:
Zach wrote:Race the MR2. Cavaliers suck.

Haven't raced the MR2 since '04 and it's not my vehicle. The owner of it is getting a F125 kart. Plus, I'd rather run a ST class.

Sell the "crapalier" and buy a honda

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:47 AM
I'll be running in SM for the cav again <- Forced induction makes me smile
About as hopeless as possible for competitiveness, but hey. Rest of the mods are in my reg.

The Fiero I have runs in CSP, also not very competitive, though it could be if I prepped it to the limits of the class. I just don't have the inclination to mod that far, or the catalytic converter to keep me out of it and in Stock class!

I'll probably be doing little things here and there to beef it up (maybe a new intake manifold and exhaust headers), but It's just hella fun to drive

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.
Sunday, January 22, 2006 2:53 PM
Well i think this is the year where i will actually start to autox!! Unfortunatly i think i will be in SM because of my cat. I might try to get a new exaust and run DSP. I am excited.

Nick

Go Go OG Traction!!

Sunday, January 22, 2006 7:26 PM
OG Nick wrote:Well i think this is the year where i will actually start to autox!! Unfortunatly i think i will be in SM because of my cat. I might try to get a new exaust and run DSP. I am excited.

Nick

Any exhaust system that terminates behind the driver may be used in DSP.

Monday, January 23, 2006 12:24 AM
Zach- thanks, that is good news, i guess i miss read the rulebook.

Michigan Auto-Xer's- Well if i can run in DSP, how is the "competition" in Michigan? I dont plan on being very competative, but i would like to be in a class with a few good drivers. I dont really want to be in an empty class. Any imputs would great. Thank you.

Nick

Go Go OG Traction!!
Monday, January 23, 2006 10:32 PM
OG Nick wrote:Zach- thanks, that is good news, i guess i miss read the rulebook.

Michigan Auto-Xer's- Well if i can run in DSP, how is the "competition" in Michigan? I dont plan on being very competative, but i would like to be in a class with a few good drivers. I dont really want to be in an empty class. Any imputs would great. Thank you.

Nick
hot classes in michigan are STS TSM and maybe stx

see ya!

Monday, January 23, 2006 10:38 PM
novaracer wrote:
Airtonics wrote:

thats what i thought when i tested the redline ion but the car i drove was a nonlsd car. that thing was fast but it would need a lsd and a rear bar along with a good alignment and comp stage 2 kid to have a chance in TSM still thinking about it , but i like the cobalt better with the lsd black
I think my car would do better in TSM than STS. and i have got my car where i like it now. after driving a cobalt ss/sc and the redline i like my car a enough not to trade it in. i think my car is a better autox car than those car in stock form. by a mile it may not be schreaming fast but it still will get you a quick ticket to a day in court

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search