SCCA Competition License - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SCCA Competition License
Saturday, December 10, 2005 6:05 PM
I will be going in January to get my comp license I will be using my friends Accord for a few events untill i can find myself a spec miata. As much as i love Auto-X and as much money as i spend on towing the car to multiple events a month, i can do 1 race weekend a month and be behind the wheel way more than auto-X and Track trials. Ive done 40+ events each year for the past 2 years so im kinda burned on solo.

Zach, i will come down to your neck of the woods at some point im sure, for at least 1 event either at whitehouse or gainsville.

AIRPLANE SHANE
Mazda Rev It Up Atlanta Champion '03
#118 H2 98 Honda Civic DX
http://teamlovely.shutterfly.com
89Z24 conv. island cruiser

Re: SCCA Competition License
Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:31 PM
Good to hear. You guys are lucky to have some great tracks down there.

I've done several driver training courses making me eligible to apply for a novice comp license, but I just don't have the resources at this time to go road racing. One day I will, but until then I'll have to stick with Solo II

CACC BC Region - DSP
http:www.victoriamotorsports.ca
Monday, December 12, 2005 7:25 AM
congrats man! good luck to ya!

Spec Miata looks like loads of fun.

Shop around and you can get some of them mostly thru the spec miata conversion for dirty cheap.

-Chris

Monday, December 12, 2005 2:50 PM
Thats awesome! Hopefully you keep it up for a few years, because I'll definatley be involved with some form of real racing (most likely spec miata) when I'm finished with school. Email me when you plan to return to Gainesville or Jax so I can make sure that I'm there. Maybe you can give a few pointers with the Hoosiers

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:26 AM
I completed the Double drivers school last weekend at Roebling Road. the first practice race i qualified 15th out of 51. finished 7th. The second race i Qualified 1st out of 51 whooooo hooooo!! and finished 1st. they were only 5 lap practice races.

This past weekend we went to VIR and ran the Gibson 300 enduro. we qualified 45th and finished 8th in class and 21st overall out of 96. It was a 3 hour and 25 min race. Karl ran the first hour and 45 and i ran the last hour and 45 min. we didnt add enough fuel on the pit stop so i had to come back in with only 8 min left in the race to get a few more gallons. prolly gave up a few spots there not sure. I was only less than a second off of Karls fastest lap and he has driven the full course multiple times. My fastest lap was a 2:25.4xx ..

AIRPLANE SHANE
Monday, February 20, 2006 12:29 PM
If you guys ever run Spec Miata and need work done, my brother runs Race Engineering, where they are the only complete turn key operation in the states. Thats all he works on and races now. He's been in racing for a little over 10 years and in Spec Miata for about the last 3 or 4. Check out www.raceengineering.org.

I root for the underdog...figured I might as well be one

Monday, February 20, 2006 3:39 PM
Shane wrote:I completed the Double drivers school last weekend at Roebling Road. the first practice race i qualified 15th out of 51. finished 7th. The second race i Qualified 1st out of 51 whooooo hooooo!! and finished 1st. they were only 5 lap practice races.

This past weekend we went to VIR and ran the Gibson 300 enduro. we qualified 45th and finished 8th in class and 21st overall out of 96. It was a 3 hour and 25 min race. Karl ran the first hour and 45 and i ran the last hour and 45 min. we didnt add enough fuel on the pit stop so i had to come back in with only 8 min left in the race to get a few more gallons. prolly gave up a few spots there not sure. I was only less than a second off of Karls fastest lap and he has driven the full course multiple times. My fastest lap was a 2:25.4xx ..

Thats awesome! Thanks for keeping in touch.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:31 AM
heres the results from the roebling road event

Race Results

AIRPLANE SHANE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search