10 SECOND SUNFIRE - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
10 SECOND SUNFIRE
Monday, July 10, 2006 12:37 PM
Went to the drag races this past weekend and ran a nice consistant 10.44!!.... ok so we're talking 1\8 mile here. Just running regular tires, intake and a clutch thats basicly all my mods. First time at the track and was up against some souped up camaros and corvettes...but I had a blast anyway.

So hows a 10.44 for a newb racer??

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: 10 SECOND SUNFIRE
Monday, July 10, 2006 12:43 PM
more like a 16 second sunfire.

-Borsty
Monday, July 10, 2006 1:06 PM
10.44 is your 0 - 60

Monday, July 10, 2006 1:11 PM
10.44 is nothing to be bragging about in the 1/8 mile!

Monday, July 10, 2006 2:02 PM
good job, keep up the mods and maybe someday you'll get to the 10's.
Monday, July 10, 2006 4:39 PM
lol Im not bragging i know its not great but for mainly stock I can't complain, there were other cars running stock in the 11's and 12's, and its not 0 -60 i was 10.44 @ 70.958mph or somthing like that. Still nothing to brag about but it was good fun. And I was running with my subs in, I didn't really prepare., we'll see what i'll get next year with the turbo...

Monday, July 10, 2006 4:42 PM
10.44 isn' t bad for a newb racer. My first time at the track, I ran a little slower than that. Good job. ...Hopefully that'll change tomorrow.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 1:02 PM
I was like WHAAAA? Who beat us to the 10's?

lol, ya got me! ANY Sunfire on the track is way cool. Good Luck!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:36 PM
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:I was like WHAAAA?

Yeah...I saw the title and wehnt "huh".

RE Audio
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 5:22 AM
ha ha that was the point... i wish i could have ran 1/4, there was room for it but its bracket racing so i guess 1/8 works best for that.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 11:15 PM
haha, thats a very missleading title you put on this thread. I don't mean to be a downer but 10.44 doesn't seem like such a good time to me. Im a horrible driver and my first time out to the track i put down a 10.06 in the 1/8 with an intake and cat back.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 12:18 AM
god damn buzzkills in this thread I swear.

haha best post title ever. it sure made me smile haha. good joke.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:18 AM
Yea im not saying thats a good time at all, i just wanted to see how many people would actually look.

we all start slow.

so besides taking out the subs next time, what would be a better way to improve my time (driving wise)? basicly to start i was dropping the clutch at about 3500RPM, I tried letting off the clutch a little slower to avoid wheel spin but id either take off too slow and get a horrible time or spin the tires anyway.

Friday, July 14, 2006 8:47 PM
Well your going to want to get a lot more practice in before you bolt that turbo in. Just because your car is faster doesn't mean you are necessarly going to be faster. Just practice. Who cares if your slow, atleast your learning and finding newer and better techniques that work for you and in the end its always a blast to beat the crap out of you car and hopefully smoke others. Keep it up!

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Saturday, July 15, 2006 2:46 AM
you got me all excited.... for that? just for that I wish a terrible itching curse upon your genital region...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, July 15, 2006 8:19 AM
damn woke up this morning and my genitals won't stop itching... hey what the hell !!! lol

Saturday, July 15, 2006 9:02 AM
When you get to a 8.00 1/8th mile post. 10 second 1/8th miles suck....I don't think my car went that slow stock.

Oh and I race 2 bracket series'...both 1/4. 1/8th mile racing is a joke.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, July 16, 2006 12:03 AM
thank you hypsy once again for talking down to yet another member of this website.

I think everyone was missing the fact that he actually had fun out there.

Sunday, July 16, 2006 1:19 AM
I'm glad he had fun...but he's also trying to brag about running a HIGH (VERY HIGH) 15 or low 16 second Cav. It's not impressive...and the title is a complete lie that makes this post stupid and worthless.

Oh and your welcome Nari.

Sunday, July 16, 2006 11:26 AM
he isn't lieing he has a 10 second car now being your ASSUMING he meant 1/4 mile time then thats your fualt. he isn't braggin about anything either he but it in the right forum area. and he is proud of what he has. my quickest time in great texas weather is 10.39. look i have a 10sec car.

Sunday, July 16, 2006 12:14 PM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:I'm glad he had fun...but he's also trying to brag about running a HIGH (VERY HIGH) 15 or low 16 second Cav. It's not impressive...and the title is a complete lie that makes this post stupid and worthless.

Oh and your welcome Nari.

so how is he trying to brag?

lets take a look at his ORIGINAL POST:

Quote:

Went to the drag races this past weekend and ran a nice consistant 10.44!!.... ok so we're talking 1\8 mile here.

he basically said he ran a consistent 10.44, then stated 1/8 mile. CLEARLY stated 1/8th mile.

Quote:

Just running regular tires, intake and a clutch thats basicly all my mods.

CLEARLY stated his mods.... and if anyone didnt figure it out from his first part saying its 1/8th mile, then basic bolt ons should have been your second tip.

Quote:

First time at the track and was up against some souped up camaros and corvettes...but I had a blast anyway. So hows a 10.44 for a newb racer??

now does anyone think a NEWB RACER in his FIRST time at the track is gonna surpass 11;s in a quarter mile?

true, the post was slightly misleading, if you sat around thinking, oh wow, someone did an 10 second pass, but basically you all got your hopes up on assumptions.

this post is no different than people who post:
"oh look what UPS brought me"
"look at my new mod"

and other posts as such that basically show a set of clear corners or a replacement piece from something plastic that broke. its not as if people are getting on the reg stroked and bored engine blocks... yet from the excitement notations of the title you;d believe so.

we all know you run 12;s ryne and yes we know you blew the engine and now shelled out alot of cash for a rebuild, but being fast is still no excuse for not having a personality with a sense of humor....buck up kiddo, smile sometimes.

you of all people should still be somewhat encouraging to future racers who might wanna follow your current achievements.

Sunday, July 16, 2006 1:18 PM
I have a huge sense of humor. There's a reason the was no damage caused by my foot when the car broke and that I sat for 30 minutes laughing about it after I cooled off.

But whatever.....no matter what I do someone is gonna jump on my ass for something in every post I make. I'll keep posting how I feel and let y'all deal with it.

Sunday, July 16, 2006 1:35 PM
hey i don't even know you hypsy you could be cool you could not be i don't know i was just going by what it looked, only bad thing about forums is that you can't see if your just typing a sarcastic joke or truely being a n A@#.

Sunday, July 16, 2006 2:15 PM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:I have a huge sense of humor. There's a reason the was no damage caused by my foot when the car broke and that I sat for 30 minutes laughing about it after I cooled off.

completely irrelevant to this post. having a sense of humor cause your car broke and realizing the original poster clearly stated 1/8th mile....two different situations.

Quote:

But whatever.....no matter what I do someone is gonna jump on my ass for something in every post I make. I'll keep posting how I feel and let y'all deal with it.

remember, people usually will only jump on your ass when you do something BLATANTLY RETARDED or feel you have done something of that degree. i think you qualify for BEING blatantly retarded with this quote:

Quote:

When you get to a 8.00 1/8th mile post. 10 second 1/8th miles suck....I don't think my car went that slow stock.

Oh and I race 2 bracket series'...both 1/4. 1/8th mile racing is a joke.

if 1/8th is a joke, then 1/4 mile is a joke as well, not to mention overrated and theatrically pushed through movies for drama. 1/8th mile incorporates alot of setup, traction and acceleration, 1/4 miles can technically be seen as a cushion for crappy 1/8th mile racers as they can make up their crap launches and poor acceleration in the top end area. all depends on how you wanna look at it.

i cant imagine how much of a jerk i'd have to be to go to a health and fitness forum and brag that people who bench 200lbs as their max lift, or squat 300.... that i did that when i was 13-14 years of age..... even though it would be true, its a great way to solidify yourself in a new guys mind who just posted his first time out and he had fun, but yet this place is full of egotistical a-holes....

personally, i know ryne. i was the one at the 2004 bash holding off the other smaller guy that rode with him who wanted to whip his ass.... hes a comical kid in person most times.

ryne, perhaps you, yourself shouldnt jump on a newb racers ass cause his post said 10 second car. keep in mind it didnt say "10 SECOND CAR IN THE QUARTER MILE", and he did run 10 seconds in the 1/8th mile, which he stated upfront in the post..... you dont seem to like everyone jumpin on your ass, whether on here or cause you pissed someone off in person (refer to the bash of 04 statement)

it was simply you and whoever else that ASSumed it was 1/4 mile....thats your screw up, not his. granted its the racing forum, there is racing OUTSIDE OF dominic torretto's famed 1/4 at a time...

Sunday, July 16, 2006 3:05 PM
To clarify JUST A LITTLE it was me who wanted to kick the little @!#$'s ass for being a inconsiderate fag. It was also me who left his ass in Ohio. He got lucky and found a ride home....and still won't leave that person alone even after being told numerous times to @!#$ off.

Oh and I saw that he said 1/8th mile. 1/8th mile doesn't impress me. Jr. Dragsters run 1/8th mile, real dragsters run 1/4 mile. Don't even try to imply that I like 1/4 because it lets me make up for bad launches are some BS like that...I can pull 2.0-2.2 60fts all day and run 5 second 330s. I can drive and I can tune my car to a track....1/8th mile doesn't even let you get moving before it's done.

My 1/4 mile bracket comment though was in regards to his comment here....
Quote:

ha ha that was the point... i wish i could have ran 1/4, there was room for it but its bracket racing so i guess 1/8 works best for that.

NUMEROUS brackets are 1/4 mile....more than 1/8th mile I'm willing to bet.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search