Launch Limiter? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Launch Limiter?
Monday, December 24, 2007 9:21 PM
I searched.... so I apologize in advance if this has been answered.

This might be a stupid questing... but I'm wondering how to set a launch limiter on my 97 (LD9) 5-speed Sunfire....

I'd like to set it to around 2 grand or so... and adjust it from there for launching at a drag strip....

Do you have to use a separate Ignition control box (MSD DIS-2 or something) or can you just program one in using HP-tuners?.....

This is something I want to do when I get my car track worthy... and am wondering how most of you are accomplishing this on our cars... ( aka... best way)

Thanks in advance

Re: Launch Limiter?
Tuesday, December 25, 2007 4:31 AM
You need a MSD box. nothing in the ECU for that. I know you are thinking under spark tables, but that is not for what you are referring.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 3:56 PM
I'll check on the MSD box thing..... I remember seeing something from MSD with a knob you just turned..... but I might be remembering wrong..

I don't need anything fancy... if I want to mess with timing curves or anything I'll just get a laptop and HPtuners when the time comes (and cash flow permits).... Hopefully MSD still makes launch control boxes that work on our cars. (if that's what they are called)....

Thanx John.....

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 4:09 PM
Yep w/ the msd dis-2 it's a piece of cake. I've got it setup w/ mine. It's a secondary wire that you wire to a momentary switch w/ a 12v source.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search