What Class would I be in?? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What Class would I be in??
Friday, May 30, 2008 6:26 AM
I am about to rebuild the sunfire as i blew the motor up the first time at the auto-xing race. I am wondering what class I would be in with all the mods done to my car. The first time they put me in novice, and I will probably be put there for a couple more time until I get going again. But I was wondering with a full suspension, built motor, where does that put me? Also what if I add a blower?

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/

Re: What Class would I be in??
Friday, May 30, 2008 8:43 AM
addin a blower automatically puts you in street mod. novice isn't really a class for cars, just labeling a driver. you'll still compete in your cars auto-x class. suspension lands you in STS. built motor doesn't do anything unless you are increasing displacement. you can race in a modified or prepared class if you like but adding the blower puts you in street mod or street mod street tire. also you'll have to find out if it's NASA or SCCA in your region. cuz the two are different sets of qualifications.

Friday, May 30, 2008 8:19 PM
If I'm not mistaking cams put you in a higher class, so how you a built motor not.

FU Tuning

Saturday, May 31, 2008 3:12 AM
Yep, Street mod class aka SM - Spend Money

Any engine mods beyond a header, intake and catback exhaust would bump you out of sts.

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search