15.2 is @!#$ty on these mods?!? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
15.2 is @!#$ty on these mods?!?
Saturday, October 17, 2009 1:03 PM
I think it is on my current mods all listed in profile.

NEGATIVES:
misty night/slippery = 2.3 60 foot ... advice on burnout & launch that works for you guys? (running 215/45/17s)
my clutch is @!#$... advice on a clutch flywheel combo?
end of 3rd into 4th the car seems to slow down... need that le5 intake manifold!!!
BIG BIG concern: going 50mph if i just floor it in 3rd the car seems to studer/choke a little bit 3-4 times all the way to 4th. watching the mph needle it climbs, then pauses for a split second... is this the clutch or spark plugs or ???

POSITIVE:
1-2-3rd gear pulls hard
first time chipping tires in 4th
not too bad of a time for only 4 runs ever.

thanks guys.. give me some input please! got 2 more weeks to run at the track!

Re: 15.2 is @!#$ty on these mods?!?
Saturday, October 17, 2009 1:40 PM
You have the same mods as me except I have LZM solid mounts and the LSJ Pacesetter header...
Saturday, October 17, 2009 2:01 PM
What RPM are you launching at? I launch a tad above 2,000 or 2,000 and I have achieved a 2.0 60 foot with my 2200. I have 195/65/15 Falken Ziex.

If you are spinning off the line lower the RPM at which you are launching....."If your spinnin' you aren't winning"

Also you may want to try tricking/telling your IAT its cooler outside. I ran about 10.8's or so with my IAT plugged into my tube. I then put a resistor in to tell my IAT it was about 50 some degrees, I forget the exact degree it tells it...its a 4.7k resistor, the weather outside was 68 or so.. Anyway after that I ran 10.4 in the 1/8 consistently. Some don't believe this works, all I know is that it works for me and my car. Like $1 at radioshack for about .400 at the dragstrip...can't beat it.

Saturday, October 17, 2009 9:30 PM
not bad, I had only intake and catback and pulled off a 15.2 tho, Keep practicing, I got down to a 15.0 now but thats with a sidepipe cutout opend up

15.0 @ 90mph with only a intake and exhaust.
Saturday, October 17, 2009 9:42 PM
A lot depends on weight and experience. I have a buddy that pulled off consistent 15.2 with a base model 03. I think he had suspension done at the time but thats it.

Sunday, October 18, 2009 7:33 AM
15.1 on homemade intake and a muffler.

And about the resistor thing, Ive tried it and it made no difference for me. I told the computer it was 55 degrees and actual was around 70. same time with or without.

PM replied btw

Sunday, October 18, 2009 3:06 PM
The resistor thing is odd sometimes, honestly after I put it in telling it that it was 55 degrees I ran two consecutive 10.4's in the 1/8..then the 3rd try I dropped down to 10.8's.

I run 10.8's in the 1/8 most consistently. It's like a freak thing..I have no idea.

Sunday, October 18, 2009 3:16 PM
line 10 of those resistors up in a row and you get 200 hp.
true story

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, October 18, 2009 3:16 PM

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 18, 2009 3:29 PM
Times don't seem bad, but you saying clutch is toast, but yet your chirping 4 gear??? That does not add up.

FU Tuning

Monday, October 19, 2009 4:18 PM
99redz24 wrote:line 10 of those resistors up in a row and you get 200 hp.
true story

Its one of the dumb things that makes sense at first, then your like wtf am i doing

Monday, October 19, 2009 5:44 PM
Verocity wrote:The resistor thing is odd sometimes, honestly after I put it in telling it that it was 55 degrees I ran two consecutive 10.4's in the 1/8..then the 3rd try I dropped down to 10.8's.

I run 10.8's in the 1/8 most consistently. It's like a freak thing..I have no idea.

dude, do what you want with your car, but you really should stop telling people some "resistor mod" works. it does'nt.

was it the thread in performance forum that got all outta control that you started? either way until you can show dyno results that your hp/torque increased from this "mod" you need to stop telling people to do it. they can potentially harm something in their engine telling the comp that it's that cold out all the time.

Monday, October 19, 2009 6:35 PM
Then ice your intake instead. I'm just stating what happened. I made 3 runs that one night. 11.0, then a 10.9 then a 10.8, then I put the resistor in and ran a 10.48, went again and got a 10.4.

Who knows what the hell it was, all I'm saying is something happened, maybe it was coincidence and my car decided to raise hell, lol.

I've got a 2.0 60ft with a 2200 with nothing but an intake and B&M Shiftplus, I think i'm doing something right.

Monday, October 19, 2009 6:46 PM
^i never said u were'nt doing nothin right, i'm just sayin u need to stop tellin people to put a resistor on their iat.

as stated until u show dyno results that it's improving ur times, without harming ur engine, that "mod" should'nt be recommended.

Monday, October 19, 2009 6:54 PM
How am I going to know if it's harming my engine? Someone could say a turbo is harming your engine, its all in the opinion of the holder.

Monday, October 19, 2009 7:14 PM
well let's see, ur forcing the comp to think ur receiving colder air temps when ur not?
do i really need to spell this out for u?
ur comp has to know what temp the air is that's coming in, it's the same way that all those guys that thought puttin in a 180*t-stat would help, just bcuz u think ur helpin ur engine create more power does'nt actually mean u r. do u really think that gm did'nt do any testing into makin the engine run at peak efficiency, while maintaining gas mileage?
they did what the engine allowed them to while keepin it economical.
ur iat resistor mod is still ridiculous though man, i don't know how to explain it any other way, show dyno results. until then, ur a moron for believing it, and this is comin from someone who tried to stick up for u in ur performance thread.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:46 PM
Verocity wrote:How am I going to know if it's harming my engine? Someone could say a turbo is harming your engine, its all in the opinion of the holder.

A turbo does harm your engine, why to you think every turboed guy rebuilds his engine with better parts?

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 3:01 PM
Spalattero wrote:
NEGATIVES:
advice on a clutch flywheel combo? experience with any companies?
shifting into 2nd, tires spin, then car falls flat on its face, then pulls..... i dont get it??
doing 50mph i floor it in 3rd and the car seems to studer/choke a little bit 3-4 times all the way to 4th. spark plugs or clutch???

no more resistor convo please!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:02 PM
^srry bud, was'nt tryin to ruin ur thread.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:53 PM
wow some of the discussion in "performance" oriented forums these days makes me wonder why I visit...

to the OP, seat time is the best mod.
good conditions are second.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:49 PM
^so u can enlighten us.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:57 PM
And can we for the love of god drop the whole resistor @!#$??!?!?! Seriously! Every time I see this guy typing posts about them the first word that pops into my head is SPAM!

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:01 PM
blucavvy wrote:^so u can enlighten us.

why waste my time? I'm posting on topic. Any discussion otherwise, including my explanation of the hot topic in here, will fall on deaf and dumb ears anyway.

to the OP: what is your launch technique?

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:03 PM
15.2 is good tho! My best is a 15.6 and im running 205/50-r16 potenza g-019's. Of course, that was pre turbo.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:21 PM
blucavvy wrote:^so u can enlighten us.

off topic again, dont mean to be a PITA but taking it to PMs would maybe result in me getting some valuable input.

DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:to the OP: what is your launch technique?

15.2 i just hit the gas out of the hole.
15.3 i had it just under 2,000rpm.

Paul, any idea why the car falls on its face going into 2nd? I shift right at 5,600rpm and it stalls then picks up again.

I need to get some 15s or 16s with a bigger side wall.

Am still not sure whether I should burnout, if so how much?

Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:55 PM
^srry man, as i said i'm really not tryin to get off topic i just did'nt want to see you goin an tryin to put a resistor in! lol
as far as ur technique, i'll tell ya what i know but skwirl is definately the guy to talk to bout this.
if ur gonna burnout it should b bfore ur actually racing to clean ur tires of any debris, burnin out of the hole from what i understand really ain't recommended, u wanna get the power to ur wheels as quickly as possible and burnin out just wastes time.
as far as ur car fallin in 2nd that one's beyond me man wish i could help but i'm an auto boy.lol
once again man srry for accidentally steerin ur thread the wrong way.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search