J-body racers? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
J-body racers?
Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:31 PM
I am looking for 2 people that race third gen cav's or sunfire's, either road racing, or circle track for a possible product development sponsorship.You must sign a privacy clause until the test time is up then you will be allowed to keep all the parts you tested or they will be replaced for new ones, with other possible benefits. please im me if you are interested. thanks guys

Re: J-body racers?
Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:06 PM
And are you reliable if you experimental pieces break and total the car, or worse kill the driver?

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Friday, November 27, 2009 9:10 AM
Do you race in a sanctioned racing series? My parts are on my car and a friends and flex less than the factory peaces. I am waiting for stress testing to come back on a test peace before they hit any race tracks....and I would hope that you would have the proper safety equipment to not "die" in a racing class, you may want to rethink the class that you are in if they don't have your safety in mind. Let me know if you race in a sanctioned class( including the sanctioning body and class) Thanks for your response.......

P.S. I am trying to get the gap filled for aftermarket suspension parts for the J-body parts, I own a welding/ Fab shop, and am ASE master certified. and want to make sure the parts are fully tested before they ever are sold for the street. if they can work in a race car, they will stand up to every day life on the street. Thanks again
Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:23 AM
you mis-spelled piece twice. that doesnt look good for you.
i looked at your profile and it looks like you are from texas. my advice to you is go to your local tracks and look there. while JBO does have some j-body racers, not many post.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, November 28, 2009 8:37 AM
Listening

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Saturday, November 28, 2009 8:50 AM
99redz24 wrote:you mis-spelled piece twice. that doesnt look good for you.

Because that's totally what you should judge his work off of, the spelling of the word piece.

Saturday, November 28, 2009 10:14 AM
The fact is this is an internet forum. You WILL be judged by your spelling and grammar It is how you make your first impression on the internet.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Saturday, November 28, 2009 11:06 AM
"ther b so many mistaks on hear it niot B funny Y4u be disin hm"

Piece and peace, accept and except, hear and here, their and there and they're, to and too and two, etc...these are just a few of the words I've seen misused on here. Most everyone has done it, myself included.

Where do you think most of our specialty manufacturers got their start. Almost all of them started with one or two pieces and worked up from there. The products usually end up being better than what a larger manufacture can produce. Yes, there have been the not so reputable independents, but only time can tell if he is honest or if he truly has the time/capability/equipment to manufacture products for the Js.

Then again, he still needs to get past all the flamers, who'll cut you down before ever knowing the person or giving them the chance.

Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:06 PM
lol, thanks for the spell check, your right it does not look good to miss spell words..... I had a very hard time with it in school..... but I helped teach the welding/ fabrication class my senior year..... who would you rather make your chassis parts a spelling Bee whizz or some one that has been welding since he was11years old....... and in my defense..lol.. I did spell check....

Thanks for the replies guys, I am located in MN.... not to much for racing going on this time of the year. I have looked into the local circle track, however I don't think they can run aftermarket part on the "hornet" class.

I expect a fair amount off flack, being new, and not having a "band name" but MadJack is right there is two ways to get into this industry, you either work for someone else and ride their coat tails to the top..... or you can take the hard road (and probably fail) but if you don't you just might end up like Jack Roush, Gail Banks, or Vic Edelbrock...... I have worked for a few race shops and speed shops and I couldn't work for people who did not have Quality as the #1 priority..... If you make the best product and stand behind it, you have an edge up on many other shops out there.

thanks again guys

P.S. I think that the J-body group Has not had the recognition that it deserves, there are many of you guys that have very nice, fast cars..... I just want to do my part to help change that....... I mean have you seen the parts available for the Neon's.... what the heck...lol
Sunday, November 29, 2009 4:21 PM
we aren't allowed any aftermarket parts in hornets. But some of us have gotten good at.. errr... bending the rules

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Sunday, November 29, 2009 5:16 PM
What kinda parts we talking charles/

2.4L RACE MOTOR W/2.3L OIL PUMP CONVERSION ***CHEAP***SEE CLASSIFIEDS SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY ....$1500...... EASTERN IOWA

Sunday, November 29, 2009 11:25 PM
May be interested. 1997 Z24 Cavalier on a 7/16th paved oval race track.
Wednesday, December 02, 2009 6:32 PM
would be interested HAVE BEEN RACING CAVS FOR 5 YRS BUILD AND SALE ALOT OF JBODYS 38 SO FAR GET BACK TO ME WITH WHAT U ARE OFFERING MY CARS HAVE WON TRACK CHAMPIONSHIPS 5 OUT 6 YRS WITH OVER 75 WINS ON 3/8 PAVED OVAL`
Thursday, December 03, 2009 2:35 PM
I race a 98 z24 2.4 on a 1/4 mile mild banked dirt track, what suspension parts are you testing? most of our stuff is painted black to look factory.
Thursday, December 03, 2009 2:36 PM
I forgot to add... I race in south Texas
Saturday, December 05, 2009 7:09 PM
www.northeastministocktour.com the blue cavalier pictured is mine, ill test your parts and give you an honest opinion of how they perform, i own and promote the series as well have a car that runs it and multiple other tracks. we run at 8 different tracks all over new england.
Sunday, December 06, 2009 8:08 AM
I maybe interested

call me 989 798 0518

-Ben
Sunday, December 06, 2009 2:44 PM
[quotelol, thanks for the spell check, your right it does not look good to miss spell words..... I had a very hard time with it in school..... but I helped teach the welding/ fabrication class my senior year..... who would you rather make your chassis parts a spelling Bee whizz or some one that has been welding since he was11years old....... and in my defense..lol.. I did spell check....

Everyone here busts my balls about that too.... but back in the day (06-07) they learned that maybe I did know a thing or two.

best of luck to you.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 2:36 PM
Hey im still lookin for my phone call sir

-Ben
Wednesday, December 09, 2009 2:44 AM
Looks like another parts maker ran off by JBO. sigh.......

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:09 AM
Sorry guys I have been swamped with work and trying to get my new location set up, thanks for the response guys. I really need 2 people that are willing to try my parts that can run them with out "cheating" in there class( your car will be posted with my advertising) and I don't want you to get in trouble. I would like to have one circle track and one road racer. so send me i.m.'s with a pic of your car and a brief run down of your class( I'm not just looking for the top winning cars so don't hesitate to send an i.m.) thanks again guys

Thursday, December 10, 2009 8:33 AM
my car, there is not much flex left to take out of it haha

as a roller

on the rotisserie

the car

the win

Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:21 AM
bob........im speechless LOL thats the coolest cavalier!
Thursday, December 10, 2009 11:24 AM
here is teh thread on the build, i went to college for race cars the car is completely jig built and race ready no driver the car weighs 1700lbs. we run the 2.2 ohv and put out about 200 hp
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=390233&t=369062&p=1
Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:16 PM
In a nutshell. I am building a 1997 Z24. I run at Berlin Raceway in Marne Michigan. This will be the 3rd year for the front wheel drive 4 cylinder class at this historic race track. I ran a 1992 cavalier the first 2 years where we were a top 10 car both years. Berlin is a 7/16 mile track. If this works for you to test your parts let me know.

Gerry
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search