Roadcorse Racing is fun. - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Roadcorse Racing is fun.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:13 AM
I took the "car" to an introductory event for roadcorse racing the other week and had a blast.

This was at FIR on there west track. No auto-X here this was a full blown track.

And i must say the car handled way above and beyond my expectations as well as the brakes held up superb. even for drums i was stopping with some force even after 20 min of pushing everything.

Those pictures are all i have found from the events web-sight. and unfortunately sense i was driving i couldn't take any video.

Re: Roadcorse Racing is fun.
Friday, April 16, 2010 7:19 AM
wow very nice. id love to race on a road course one day.

All I want... is a little of the good life
Friday, April 16, 2010 10:24 AM
i'm hoping to get out to a track event or two this year once my sedan is back together.

any idea how your lap times compared to some of the other cars out there?

Friday, April 16, 2010 3:28 PM
No idea on times. They diden't time anything it was more an introductory to driving on a track. we all had instructors in the cars and they gave a pretty informative instructions.

I must say the 2nd gear though in the automatics kicks major ass for that particular track. i didn't really even have to up-shift on the straight either keep it in gear and i more then keep up with everybody.

Friday, April 16, 2010 8:01 PM
great pics! you need to make your car fast enough to pass the evos

Eat my shift
Saturday, April 17, 2010 1:32 AM
M2 [@DesertTuners.com wrote:]great pics! you need to make your car fast enough to pass the evos

you needed to not be working on the durangslow and gone out there and showed them what up.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 1:24 PM
maybe next time. i need to fix the problems with my car before i end up takign it on a track and creating more lol

Eat my shift
Sunday, April 18, 2010 8:03 PM
M2 [@DesertTuners.com wrote:]i need to fix the problems with my car before i end up takign it on a track and creating more lol

Thats where im at right now lol

It was a blast though.

Friday, April 23, 2010 2:24 PM
Ha, I'm jealous.
Good to see you having fun at what most of us only dream of actually doing.

So do you plan on going back anytime soon?

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 5:08 PM
That's just right down the road from me. How much did it cost for the event with the instructor?
I've always wanted to do the Bondurant school out there.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Monday, May 03, 2010 10:50 PM
It was like $40 for the 20 min or so on the track. well worth it if you compare the cost to run at a 1/4 mile track and the time your actually racing to the cost. lol

and yeah ill probable do there $130 entry level league once i get my 5speed swapped and get rid of my rear drums.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search