dirt track corner setup - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dirt track corner setup
Sunday, September 26, 2010 8:56 PM
Hello, I am looking for some setup help to get thru the corner faster. I have already raced about a half dozen times with a couple wins but always looking to improve. I have a 1997 z24 with 2.4Twin Cam and manual. I am running 197/70/14 tires on all 4 corners. fronts are dunlop sp 60's rear are some cheap tight tread patern low grip tires. Rules state all 4 tires MUST be same size (you can interchange brands tho). NO suspension mods or aftermarket parts. I am towed out about 1/4 and left front is out about 3deg and right is 3.5 to 4 out on camber. problem is when I get back on gas it is pretty loose. Track is 3/8 with pretty decent bank, it is usually dry also. I run no sway bars. rear suspension is all stock adjustments.

Re: dirt track corner setup
Monday, September 27, 2010 10:16 PM
U sure all tires have to be the same or just the rims?
Monday, September 27, 2010 10:24 PM
Sry hit enter too early, anyways what u mean "loose" when getting back on gas? The front of the car is pulling so if anything I would suspect a tight or pushing car, but if your off the gas to long in the corner the car will get loose...
Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:01 PM
Take some air out of both rear tires.Try a couple pounds at a time it will tighten the car up in the rear
Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:41 PM
what are the rules on the suspension...gotta remember that stiffer is allways better...especially in a dirt cornering situation...

RIP JESSE GERARD.....7.11.87/1.25.08(sunfireboi)
You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Don't ever wish harm On an Ohio state player you Douche canoe...
Expires: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:47 AM PT

Sunday, October 03, 2010 4:58 PM
Yes all four tires HAVE to be same size. so my case all 4 are 195/70/14. was back out this weekend finished second. I tried a tire that was harder compound on RF, it was quite a bit better but as that tire heated up and got more bite it was harder to drive. what I was diong in the corner before I did this was kinda like chasing it a bit constant throttle and steerring adjustments to hold a line. when I tried the other tire saturday, It was less of that and could smoothly drive around corner and get back to full throttle alot sooner in the corner. So I guess what I want in a sense is a light controllable push. The corners are pretty wide so I am looking to just drive around it as fast as possible. In another sense I guess, it dives pretty hard onto RF. How do I make it not?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search