99 cavalier 3/10 asfalt race car help - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
99 cavalier 3/10 asfalt race car help
Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:24 PM
I"m looking for some help on getting my car to turn better in the corners. 3/10 mile paved track. straightaway speed is fine, it's the corners that are slowing me down. any suggentions/help would be appriciated in things that could help my performance. I'm really really new to this and any help is more than i know ....tks

Re: 99 cavalier 3/10 asfalt race car help
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:45 PM
what ur toe and camber set at?
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:16 PM
ive found that tire pressures will help you through the turns also. i race at a 3/8 mile asphalt oval and i know when the tire pressures are off it can be real tight or real loose. the track i race at has some real steep banking (32 degrees in turns i beleive) and i run 14.5 lbs in front left 18 in left rear 30 in right front and 28 in right rear. those pressures are on a 185/65r14 street tire tho as we arent allowed race tires
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:32 AM
I ran a 100 lap enduro on Saturday with RF 37, LF 34, LR 28, RR 34 and the car was pushing pretty bad. After I had a flat RF and LR at the same time I got the RF changed and left the rear flat and the car ran better than ever. I was also running two inches of stagger. So the next race on asphalt, I'll try a much lower LR pressure. Not a flat.

Kenny "Poppop" Brown

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 3:26 PM
Camber will help you a lot too. I run almost 2 1/2" on the RF (just shy of the tire touching the strut) and 3" on the left front. This is up from almost factory camber last year and made a world of difference! Put in as much camber as you are allowed. Also tire pressures and stagger will help as stated above.
Sunday, July 22, 2012 10:52 AM
what kind of tires are you running? i run a falken azinis, they stick amazing to the track, also put some caster in it drill your holes in your k-member on the left side back a little bit (1/8'' or so) and it should turn better
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search