Any interest in high stall converters? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Any interest in high stall converters?
Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:01 AM
Well, I got thinking after talking with a friend. I work for an automatic transmission remanufacturer and we have a full converter building shop with the ability to make them however needed. So, if you race your auto and want a custom converter, what do you want and what's a fair price to you?

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Re: Any interest in high stall converters?
Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:37 AM
well if my yank 3000 stall doesnt cut it for me i would probably need to go bigger........as for price i can see a nice custom one going for like 300+ pretty easy but it would consider the size of the stall

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:42 AM
The main reason for the "what would you pay?" Was because my boss gave me a rough ball park idea and I wanted to make sure expectations weren't way off before Persueing. So far so good though. The stall number he said can be altered and tweaked as needed.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:54 AM
I'm not a auto, but I know we can get one made locally for around $400, I believe.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:35 PM
I think I paid $325 shipped for my Yank but that was probably 5 years ago. I would be interested in one with a higher stall.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:11 PM
What kind of stalls are people looking for? In my bosses words: "everyones car is going to be different, their needs will be different. So each time a custom converter need arises, it is built to order." So I guess it doesn't matter since it seems we can accommodate about any need, and the 300-400 price range sounds about spot on, the way he was talking.

Also, remember that I'm doing this because I work at one of the countries leading auto trans remanufactuerers and didn't think there were many companies out there offering this. Also, were a large, successful company with tons of resources and r&d not a 2 man mom and pop that takes a month to build something and might disappear tomorrow lol.

Also, this came up out of a conversation with a friend mentioning the need for a high stall convrter. I'm not pushing sales to make any cash as I don't get paid for this lol. I get paid to run a dyno. Just figured this company has the capacity to do this in a quality and efficient way. So why not see if jbo could use a good supplier for such things.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:56 PM
I'm very interested in this.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Saturday, November 26, 2011 12:08 PM
i'm interested in this. i'm mainly concerned with how much the converter will drop my e.t.'s

i can't find any before and after results or any torque converters for the cavalier. i was interested in the yank converter but found out they don't sell them anymore.

http://youtu.be/RXppsUVhJJE
my car ^
Thursday, December 01, 2011 6:43 AM
Well everyone, my boss is all about this. And since they are built to order anyway, there's no need or benefit to any gp type deal. So if u do want a high stall converter made for you, pm me details. Serious inquiries only please. Price should be in the 300-400 range depending on the trans type and details like that. I honestly don't know who yank is, but if u say they aren't around, and my company has the capacity to pump these out in a timely manner, I hope I can help. We ship hundreds of transmissions all over the country each day so we have shipping contracts to get it to u safe, fast, and affordable. Any of you canads wanting one, ill check shipping rates.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, December 01, 2011 7:13 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Well everyone, my boss is all about this. And since they are built to order anyway, there's no need or benefit to any gp type deal. So if u do want a high stall converter made for you, pm me details. Serious inquiries only please. Price should be in the 300-400 range depending on the trans type and details like that. I honestly don't know who yank is, but if u say they aren't around, and my company has the capacity to pump these out in a timely manner, I hope I can help. We ship hundreds of transmissions all over the country each day so we have shipping contracts to get it to u safe, fast, and affordable. Any of you canads wanting one, ill check shipping rates.

better ask someone

http://www.converter.cc/default.asp

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, December 01, 2011 7:48 AM
My yank is a 3,000 but acts like a 2800rpm.

Yank made three levels a blue, red, and purple one. Mine is the red, the 3000rpm one.

All that aside I wouldn't mind a 3,750rpm stall. From my last dyno graphs someone between 3600-4000 would be the best, but 4000rpm seems a bit to much.

I paid $300 shipped for mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:02 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:19 AM
Not sure on 300the shipped, but I don't see an issue with having a converter done for you. Like I said, any serious inquiries pm me with all needed details and requests. I don't see any converter request going over 400 for a jbody converted though.

Also, sir Jew lol.. what do u mean better ask someone?

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, December 08, 2011 6:03 PM
http://torqueconverter1.com/Home.html

I bought one from these guys when I built my engine. 3k stall all day long. It stands up to my 15.32 pass and daily driving. I think I paid $120, if not, not much more!

Friday, December 09, 2011 8:43 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:My yank is a 3,000 but acts like a 2800rpm.

Yank made three levels a blue, red, and purple one. Mine is the red, the 3000rpm one.

All that aside I wouldn't mind a 3,750rpm stall. From my last dyno graphs someone between 3600-4000 would be the best, but 4000rpm seems a bit to much.

I paid $300 shipped for mine.

I'm running a purple one (well more reddish/purple/maroon haha) I think rated for 3600 but its more like 3200. Id like one around 3750 as well.

Saturday, December 10, 2011 12:02 PM
Well guys, like I said, my boss is all for doing custom converters, so if someone gets serious about ordering one, PM me

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, December 12, 2011 4:26 AM
What if we get a group purchase together for 3750 stall ones?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, December 12, 2011 8:22 AM
I can ask my boss, but from the sound, since the process is the same and its still a custom product, I don't know if pricing will change much if at all.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search