rev limiter like issue - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rev limiter like issue
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:48 PM
I've been having a sort of rev limiter issue on a dirt track cavalier 2.2 5 spd. the past couple months. its like its hitting the rev limiter around 5100 rpm or at least thats what it sounds like. It started intermittently just in the heat races but the past month its been doing it in heat and feature. it does it in neutral and all gears, at least all the gears I run. I have changed fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, checked injectors, checked for vacuum leak, did a comp. check and all were good, changed coil packs, changed plugs and wires, changed battery, changed the head thinking it was a valve issue, tried a different computer, hooked up a handheld autoscanner and no codes came up. Not sure if it could be anything in the motor maybe like a flattened cam but wouldnt that show up on the compression test? Any ideas on what it could be?

Re: rev limiter like issue
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:28 PM
Maybe try this post in the performance forum not sure how many of those guys look over here. Also check the wires and plugs going to the tranny I think there is something that tells the computer the the car is in neutral or not and drops the rev limit down, correct me if i'm wrong guys.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search