Steering Lock Removal - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Steering Lock Removal
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:23 AM
I have to remove/disable the steering lock for the series i am going to race in. I searched, but didn't find much out there about the proper way to do this. From some things I read, it sounds like you can trigger an anti-theft mechanism while attempting to do this and possibly disable the car? Want to make sure I do this right. Thanks in advance.

Re: Steering Lock Removal
Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:18 AM
What year car? Ive allways just stripped all the plastic off and run a 4 inch zip cut blade in and get rid of the pin.
Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:58 AM
This is for a 97 Z24. So you are saying you can just cut the pin between the column and I guess the lock? Hadn't thought of that. Is the PIN plastic.

This is for a Saturn, but it looks pretty straight forward. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni4nw_exMOY). I thought there was more to it as far as the security system is concerned.
Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:50 PM
Its metal but a zip cut goes rite through. The last few i've built i actually pulled the wheel and the lock wheel comes rite off. No issues
Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:19 PM
Retraction, I did pull the wheel but leave the lock wheel because it holds a spring that holds tension on the shaft, this was on a 97.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search