How too loosen a cavailer on dirt? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How too loosen a cavailer on dirt?
Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:00 PM
When the track is wet it drives good but when it dries out it pushes bad. I've run 40 something in both rear tires ,run .little tires on rear big ones no difference so would some stiff struts on rear help loosen it up I've run a Saturn and a probe haven't had the problem with them

Re: How too loosen a cavailer on dirt?
Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:17 AM
your thinking about this all wrong... you don't make the front grip by making the rear loose. you need to find more traction in the front of the car.

try lowering pressures in the front, adding camber, stiffer spring rates may help as well.

Re: How too loosen a cavailer on dirt?
Friday, November 23, 2012 8:18 AM
What is it you're trying to do? Get the back to slide easier?

If that's the case i can kind of see where he's coming from strat81, where i run i use my back end slide to my advantage, i can enter the corner faster, cut the wheel hard, get the back end into a slide then hammer the gas as the front end of the car is already facing the exit of the corner... it really only works on dirt though.

As for getting the back end of the car to slide, higher rear tire pressure, stiffer suspension.

Although if you want to run corners faster, if the restrictions at your track are simple, i ran an Alero front control and strut on the passenger side, and i picked up some longer bolts for the rear wheel bearing and put some washers inbetween the wheel bearing and the axle on the lower bolts, and a spring stiffener in the rear strut, it made a HUGE difference in my car.

96 2.2L, #66 on the dirt track
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search