Circle track help - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Circle track help
Monday, May 20, 2013 7:51 AM
So I am building my a 98 cavalier for her to race on a 1/4 high banked dirt oval. She has been running a 94 cavalier for about 6 years now. It seems there is a lot of differences in the newer car than the older. I am asking for input on what would be best for this car. Like setup wise, I have been looking at Basset wheels, what offsets would be good and where on the car? I know the the RF will have to be stiffened too, what's the best way for that? I have read about the caravan rear hubs and will be doing that. Also this car has the 4T40-e tranny. Any input on that would be awesome too. I just have read sooo much and have too many ideas running around in my head not sure what way to go. Anything you guys know or have done please tell me. It's also greatly appreciated.

Re: Circle track help
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:38 PM
http://www.circletrack.com/chassistech/
read some of these alot of it applies to FWD cars, if you know how to apply it.
Sunday, May 26, 2013 11:28 PM
So I read several of those articles and don't really know how to apply it. I am really wanting success stories of what people have done and what really works for them. I have talked to many people around here and nobody has messed with setup at all. I personally think that is the most important part, especially if your under powered the handleing will compensate for that.

I have also read about using stock Chevy 350 rocker arms to give a little more power. Can that be done on this 98 2.2l? The rockers are needle bearing rollers and are just torqued down.

Like I said I'm fairly new and have lots of ideas just need to know right from wrong. I have read the first 10 pages of this forum and I think I'm more confused now than before. Lol any help is greatly appreciated.
Monday, August 19, 2013 1:52 PM
I can help you with whatever you need just pm me and I will set you up wit what you need.
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:02 AM
One better than the Dodge hubs, is to modify the front hubs to mount on the back, a heavier springs to force the weight of the car to the drivers side, I have ran 8.5 inch bassets, on left front and right front, and I think I had a 14 inch on the drivers side and a 15 on the passenger side. Did read about the LN2 Lifters etc somewhere havent tried that trick. also if you use the 98 pistons in the 97 motor, and if you are running a manual transmission go with the old body style transmission gives better gear ratio. If you use smaller tires you run in third gear, and larger tires run in second gear, change your computer to an automatic instead of a standard, changes the rev limiter.
Sunday, December 01, 2013 6:03 AM
Stiffen the right front with an Oldsmobile Alero strut/spring. Perfect fit, but with a larger spring...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search