Battery Kill Switch Installation - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Battery Kill Switch Installation
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:25 AM

Installing this style of switch. https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pdfs/4430WiringInstructions.pdf

Wondering if you guys know which wire would be the correct one to use for the ignition wire in the diagram?

I was looking at the wires running from the key last night, but read somewhere that this is part of the passlock system?

Also was considering taping the wire that runs to the ignition fuse under the hood, but it's a 50AMP fuse, not sure I want to mess with that.

Re: Battery Kill Switch Installation
Tuesday, June 04, 2013 7:16 AM
That diagram is for cars running an ignition system and a coil, not a PCM. All you need to do is use the "Z" terminals and cut into the main power supply wire to the PCM (I have no idea what color it is n your car). If you cut power to the PCM, the car will not run on after you cut battery power. You don't need to do anything with the ignition switch.

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 7:27 AM
To answer your inquiry - those two wires are for the PASSLOCK system, the ignition switch wires are on the other side of the column, there are 2 plugs that go into it. You'll see if you look on the other side.

Also, I'd simply put a kill switch between the battery and the main engine fuse box, personally... that will shut literally everything down.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, June 04, 2013 3:07 PM
Killing the hot feed to the fuse block will kill everything. If the rules you're running under require lights (brake, rain, whatever), you're without them. At a minimum, you want to cut alternator to battery and spark.

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 8:25 AM
James Cahill wrote:Killing the hot feed to the fuse block will kill everything. If the rules you're running under require lights (brake, rain, whatever), you're without them. At a minimum, you want to cut alternator to battery and spark.

This is what I plan on doing before I go back to the track. Its the easiest way, just have to run some wire.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:13 PM
I ran an alternator/ battery kill setup on my car. NHRA states u must be able to shut off the car entirely with a kill switch. I ran my alternator power wire and battery to the same switch and both cut off when I activate the switch. Instantaneous shut down of the car and everything still works great!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, July 15, 2013 3:42 AM
Mike, got any pics?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search