circle track setup help?? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
circle track setup help??
Sunday, May 25, 2014 8:27 PM
I gotta 98 cavi 2200 5 speed just wondering if anyone knows how to shim the drivers side front tire back a littl bit to help with cornering has anyone done it???

Re: circle track setup help??
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:21 PM
Are you asking about tipping the top of the tire in towards the engine, as in negative camber? All you have to do is loosen the two bolts holding the bottom of the strut to the steering knuckle, the strut holes should already be oblong. Adjust the wheel where you want it, and tighten it sown. Sometimes you have to grind the slots larger to get the adjustment you need. Make sure you get the bolts tight enough so they don't allow the strut to move.
Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:39 AM
From what I read somewhere else, you are going to have to move the top of the strut. These guys may be able to help also. They are on face book.

Front Wheel Drive Racing Tech-Questions-Tips
Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:13 AM
kyle kregel wrote:I gotta 98 cavi 2200 5 speed just wondering if anyone knows how to shim the drivers side front tire back a littl bit to help with cornering has anyone done it???
Dont move the top of the strut. Just take the strut off and bore the two holes to your desired negative angle. for the back tire you could just use washers on the bottom for negative camber. make sure to locktite them bolts though, they like to come loose. Ive been racing a 98 cav 5 speed for 2 years like this. Not a single suspension problem. If you want offset you're probably going to need different rims or wheel spacers.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search