Bye Bye Cavalier... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bye Bye Cavalier...
Thursday, March 19, 2009 4:47 PM
So...today, I sold my 1996 Cavalier Coupe. This car was bulletproof. Couldnt be killed, i am convinced. I had not planned on selling it but something kind of fell in my lap.

A soldier I am in charge of has a 3 year old boy. His young boy was diagnosed with Lukeimia (Sp?)about a year ago. I dont know the details, but I can tell you the man offered me $1,500. It was $500 more than I paid. I told him I would sell it to him for $1000 which is what i paid and I have put about $500 in it, so i figured it was a good deal. He INSISTED on giving me $1500. So I took it. he had no car, needed something reliable (which it was). His wife is pregnant with their second (high-risk pregnancy), and with his sons hospital bills (prior to his entrance in the military), his credit was ruined to make way. His car was repoed, he lost his house all prior to coming into the military.

With all this, i offered just to give him the car, as they need it and I do not. They wouldnt have that, and insisted on giving me all but $500 of their savings.

Should I feel bad for accepting? The car is worth $1,300. I accpted $200 more than that, from a family that needs money and prayers in equal amounts right now. Their medical bills from his entry into service on are covered by tricare, however his son's first year of chemo/radiation was not covered. Chemo is alot of money.

I think tomorrow, when I deliver the car, I will put the cash back in the glove box. Then tell them about it later over the phone.

2006 Honda Civic EX Sedan AT-Galaxy Grey Metallic Pearl, 37,000 miles,Loaded with everything except Leather and Nav, Tint-5% rear, 20% front, Calipers painted Subaru WR Blue, Ipod Integration, XenonDepot 4300K HID Conversion kit, Debadged, Optima Red-Top, No performance mods because its an auto, and its under warranty.

Re: Bye Bye Cavalier...
Thursday, March 19, 2009 6:25 PM
my last post.. for the month... i think your plan is great.. you sound like a good person bro.. your good deed will be rewarded somehow im sure.

Friday, March 20, 2009 2:25 AM
You got a great plan dude... chemo is hella pricy, and people with random acts of kindness like this, can really help families in need. Good on yah bro! Just wish more people in the world were like you.
Friday, March 20, 2009 4:33 AM
I have never looked back with regret after having helped someone that needed/deserved it.

Nice to see someone thinking of others in the land of... me...me....me.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:10 PM
I was thinking either do that, which, is a great idea, or do an annonymous donation to their name.

or if they give you a cheque, send it back to them with a little note of "I hope you enjoy the car, it's my gift to you" kind of thing.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:28 AM
Sounds great, but be careful not to hurt feelings! The last thing you want is for them to feel like they are being viewed as a charity case.

Monday, April 13, 2009 7:59 PM
I think your doing the right thing, it's always great to see someone who has some kindness left.

Monday, April 13, 2009 8:08 PM
You are a gentleman sir...

Good on you.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:26 PM
So what did you end up doing anyway? You sir are one of the few good people left.

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search