totaled? what do you think? - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
totaled? what do you think?
Thursday, June 17, 2010 9:23 PM
On 6/15, my dad was driving home from picking mom from work. He said he came to a stop light and after a minute an guy came behind him rearending the cavy. passenger tailight gone, bumper is poo and so is the quater panel. I took a look at the unserside of the car and there is no frame damage. Seems like it is restricted to the wuarter panel and bumper. Neither my dad nor I had gotten into an accident (knocks on wood) where an insurance claim had to be made. Well, long story short, the gentleman has statefarm insurance and were supposed to come and take a look at the car but never showed up. I was wondering if I should start looking for another car? what do you guys think, totaled?

03 cav
5 speed sedan

Re: totaled? what do you think?
Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:14 PM
looks totally fixable to me.

180hp in 1989 or 145hp in 2002, you decide. >
Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:19 PM
z yaaaa wrote:looks totally fixable to me.

Friday, June 25, 2010 10:58 PM
update: went to get an estimate on the repair today. The guy at the shop was a little skeptical if the insurance would fix it. He said they might total it. He is going to fax the estimate to the insurance and see what they say. estimate came out to a little bit over $2300. I should be coming back on monday to see what the deal is.
Sad to see the cavy go through this after 7 trouble-free years. only thing ive replaced to this car has been both bearings and a compressor (both under warranty). from there just oil changes, brakes and tune up. Nothing compared to my 03 cavy which i have replaced water pump and head gasket with only 43k miles.

03 cav
5 speed sedan
Saturday, June 26, 2010 1:51 PM
Certainly fixable... just depends on whether the 2300$ in repair costs is more or less than the vehicle's value. Good luck!

Monday, June 28, 2010 10:37 AM
im sure there are some car yards around you full of cav's.
i know mine are.

Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:53 PM
not at all. i had a car worth 12grand and it had 10,200 worth of damage and for some reason didn't total it. they literally removed about 1/5 of the car and replaced it. i honestly think your keeping that cav man. take advantage though, alot of times if you have a scratch here or there they will fix extra on a rear end collision with insurance fraud. when your insurance company isn't paying there easy going on the money spending

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

*Gone But Not Forgotten*
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe
1972 Chevrolet Camaro
Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:23 AM
Estimate seems a bit high to me....if that's all the damage id quote that at about $1650...

Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:44 AM
Quarters are like 65 at a yard. Auto body skills are priceless
Saturday, October 02, 2010 11:48 AM
Ryan Thompson wrote:Quarters are like 65 at a yard. Auto body skills are priceless

Yep thats true, i paid $100 for a whole quarter of a car, which gave me half the floor pan, half the trunk pan, and the whole quarter panel along with a quarter of the roof. I then disassembled the quarter panel from the other pieces and welded it onto my cav.

JBO Member since 2006.
Monday, June 20, 2011 2:56 PM
this happened to me, my bumper wasnt messed up though....banged what i could out, bondo body filler, primer and paint...came out looking better then before it was crashed

Monday, June 27, 2011 1:07 AM
if i were you id get junk yard parts and get your hands dirty cosmetics are perfect junk yard fixes new is pointless and expensive if it gets totaled and you live near me ill give you what the junkyard will plus you know it will be kept alive and be loved
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:35 PM
totaled over that? shiiiiit, thats nothing.. and yes, that estimate seems padded as hell

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search