yes tabs, i have had a wheel fly off while driving - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
yes tabs, i have had a wheel fly off while driving
Monday, February 07, 2011 7:14 PM
i'll try and get pics in a day or two whenever i can find the cord to load them. driving home today (from getting new @!#$ stickers for the car no less) hit a big ass pothole and snapped every last lug off the front driver's side wheel. car ground to a halt about twenty feet later riding on nothing but the edge of the rotor. literally dug up pieces of the road and somehow the rotor managed to stay in one piece.

the wheel forced itself up the the wheel well and completely destroyed the fender, obviously the rotor's shot which is alright since both front rotors needed to be replaced. what i wasn't counting on was the destroyed wheel hub, destroyed fender, destroyed tire and whatever possible undercarriage damage was done.

super @!#$ pissed. i don't even know what's gonna happen to the car at this point. waiting on a possible quote from the shop it's sitting at.

x a million.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, February 07, 2011 7:15 PM

Re: yes tabs, i have had a wheel fly off while driving
Monday, February 07, 2011 7:20 PM
Dude, that sucks ! I am glad you are alright. I hope its not too much damage to get fixed.

Also, when that happened to me ( I have pics in that thread as well ) that was the final straw for my old car, I parted it out immediately after, and wish I hadn't. So maybe you can get some quotes and find a way to keep it around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, February 07, 2011 7:32 PM

Monday, February 07, 2011 7:25 PM

Monday, February 07, 2011 7:44 PM
So is it the city's fault? Or were you driving somewhere you shouldn't have been?

Monday, February 07, 2011 7:45 PM
we kept telling you to lower it. lol yeah that suck. let me know on the sides. lol

Monday, February 07, 2011 7:51 PM

bradsk88 wrote:So is it the city's fault? Or were you driving somewhere you shouldn't have been?

one of the largest main roads in the city. i almost got hit about a hundred times before the cop got there since i was blocking off one of the two lanes of that direction traffic

MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:we kept telling you to lower it. lol yeah that suck. let me know on the sides. lol

i think that sideskirt actually came out unscathed. i'll hopefully know better tomorrow but you know i'll keep you informed man. it's just the 3m tape you see in that pic getting pulled downwards cuz the whole fender crumpled upwards from the force of the wheel.

Monday, February 07, 2011 9:40 PM
Damn, that really sucks man! Best of luck getting it all fixed up, hopefully the city will take care of you! I'm riding on 3 lugs right now on my front passenger wheel because my lugs are stripped, replacing the hub and brakes this weekend, but I've been so scared of this happening...

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Monday, February 07, 2011 10:37 PM
Damn dude. Too bad you dont live closer, I would do the work for you for cheap. All that stuff, with even replacing your fender cant be more then 3-4 hours worth of labor. Nothing expensive. Get it towed to Chicago, bring it to my garage, and we can crack on it, and ill only charge a small price for you Wish I could help tho, I dont want to see you loose interest for something that really was just a bad situation. Goodluck man!

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 1:39 AM
Sucks to see that, I'd make the city pay for the damages, improper road maintenance is the reason your car is wrecked.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 7:01 AM
That sucks... I'm with the above comment in pursuing the city. Good luck!

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 11:29 AM
Quote:

Sucks to see that, I'd make the city pay for the damages, improper road maintenance is the reason your car is wrecked.

What are the chances the city pays for something like this i hit a pothole in a "semi" main road going through town not to long ago and just found out the other day my rim was bent from it.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 11:52 AM
true but you have a lot better of an argument when your wheel falls of as opposed to just a bent rim
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 5:11 PM
now that whats i call camber!

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:27 PM
that blows dude. i def feel your pain there

Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:18 PM
Damn man, that really sucks. Glad you didn't get hurt.

Definitely go take pictures of the hole, and measure it's depth. Then go at the city full force.

I've been having to swerve for some big ones lately. Ice heaving is a bitch.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:47 PM
got the car back today, new rotors and pads up front, 2 new tires, and 5 new studs and she's good as new. well not new, but it drives lolz

Friday, February 11, 2011 7:44 PM
had the same thing happen to me when I had my second gen Z24.. had a set of 17" Konig Rated R's, and when I hit that pothole, it taco'ed the wheel and cracked the lip all the way around. and it was in a construction zone to boot, where they had the road so uneven that clipping the drop off would pull you into the pothole. I went after the construction company and the city. never saw a damn penny. I hope you get some kinda compensation tho

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:35 PM
How did I miss this. Damn @!#$ty thing to happen. Glad shes back to driving status.

I would find where that pothole lives and cut him and his family.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search