not wrecked wasnt sure where to post this!!! - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
not wrecked wasnt sure where to post this!!!
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 11:43 AM
5:30 in the morning I was backing out of my parking spot and hit some one he claimed to be sitting there waiting for another car. I couldn't see being to dark so I gave him all my info. when my first employee came in I want to look at the damage I have a 3 inch scratch on the corner of my wing that's it!!!!! his damage on his truck went from his rear door handle to quarter panel!! im guessing 2-21/2 ft and he said he was waiting for another car to move?

so with the 3 inch scratch to the corner of my wing
to his 2 ft scratch

whose to blame? lil worried at this point insurance just dropped $50 this month was looking forward to that but could be going up again. plus I think he wants to pocket the money! witch he can in all rights.

Re: not wrecked wasnt sure where to post this!!!
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 11:52 AM
hopefully you dont live in Michigan...

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 12:25 PM
easy. you are! you hit him, regardless whether or not he was going to move. you were the one moving and hit a stationary object.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 12:51 PM
American Henchman wrote:easy. you are! you hit him, regardless whether or not he was going to move. you were the one moving and hit a stationary object.

if he was stationary how did I end up with a 3 inch scratch and him a 2 foot to 21/2 foot dragged scratch? he could have failed to yeld. I never saw him in any mirror till he honked, could he have been going to fast? and hit me backing out! he said he was stopped dose not mean he was!
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 12:53 PM
jason norwood wrote:hopefully you dont live in Michigan...

worse Arizona hahaha
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:02 PM
easy chris, look at the surface area of your wing compared to the surface area of the side of the truck. your wing could protude out just enought that only 3 inches of it actually touched, but you slide 2-2.5 feet down the side of his truck. judging on the location of the damage that you described on his truck. the police and issurance will make the assumption that you are at fault. also, it is your duty to yield when backing out of a space. not their duty to watch for you. so there again you are at fault. this also plays to the point whether he was moving or not. since you were the one backing it was your responsibility to make sure that the way was clear.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:32 PM
American Henchman wrote:easy chris, look at the surface area of your wing compared to the surface area of the side of the truck. your wing could protude out just enought that only 3 inches of it actually touched, but you slide 2-2.5 feet down the side of his truck. judging on the location of the damage that you described on his truck. the police and issurance will make the assumption that you are at fault. also, it is your duty to yield when backing out of a space. not their duty to watch for you. so there again you are at fault. this also plays to the point whether he was moving or not. since you were the one backing it was your responsibility to make sure that the way was clear.

if im backing into him the damage shoulda increased until I stopped if he was at a dead stop, none the less broke the wing.

I guess we will see my claims in ill just and see if he puts his in
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:44 PM
regardless, the key point you are missing is that it was your responsibility to make sure the way was clear before backing up. did you hit at an angle or direct on straight into him.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 2:07 PM
he said direct im saying angled I was part way out wheels cocked when I parked it. he moved his truck while I was getting out. I forgot to mention I have the prostock wing so it sticks out past the bumper.

sorry if im coming out like a ass im frustrated with the situation don't want taken advantage of. just me and my mom we have no clue on what to do .
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 2:21 PM
i can understand that. it sucks, i had the same thing happen to me in college. this girl without a license or insurance backed into me then to top it off, i waited for 2 hours for the cops to show up. i ended up getting screwed in the whole deal. in situations where there is an accident. i just call the cops, it could be minor or it could not but a police report is the easiest way for insurance to clear things up. you would be better off if you said direct then that mean he hit you. angled it can be argued that you hit him then kept going causing the longer scratch to his vehicle. think of the tangent of a circle, your smaller surface area, dragging across the side of his car. good luck.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 2:48 PM
thanks

there's no calling cops on public property tho I thought? reason why I didn't. no pictures were taking either any thoughts on that? my camera on my phone is broke

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 4:18 PM
Does the height of his scratch match the height of your wing?

Cops will come out to private property. They may not file a report but ill be noted that they were called. Learned this in a parking lot of harkins on 103rd and McDowell l.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 11:05 PM
yes

I almost think he's gonna drop it tho I hurd nothing today they said they would call as soon as his insurance calls it in
Thursday, September 06, 2012 8:24 AM
I wish you luck. but situations like these i always here. is why i wlays bak in my spots and far away from most people., plus i dont need anyone hittin my car, that wouldnt be pretty.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:52 AM
ended up not being my fault!!! I was to far out and he lied and said he was sitting there and I hit him. goes to show lies get you no where!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search