Hit crossing street in rear quarter panel :( - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hit crossing street in rear quarter panel :(
Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:58 AM
I was at a stop sign and didn't see a car speeding around a corner. I was almost through the intersection and he hit his brakes and hit my rear passenger quarter panel. It has a pretty nice dent in it. He didn't have a stop sign so am I pretty much screwed on fault here? His malibu barely had a scratch on the passenger side front bumper. I had heard people say a quarter cost $2-3000 to replace. If so looks like I'm going to be driving around a ghetto car for a while

Re: Hit crossing street in rear quarter panel :(
Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:35 PM

Saturday, September 15, 2012 1:56 PM
They would probably total the car for that much damage... but good luck trying to pop some out.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 3:49 PM
Its fixable...... but ouch.

Your 100% at fault unless you could somehow prove the person was speeding.

Shouldnt have to replace the quarter. Looks like a fairly easy repair as a whole. I say 1g to fix it.
Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:45 PM
That makes me feel a little better. I hate when they put stop signs.or lights right by a curve you can't see around. I don't know what they were thinking grrr.
Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:56 PM
First estimate was $2500.... ouch should I fix it or sell as is and get a new ls sport?
Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:44 AM
2500?! Local yards are 65 For a quarter panel. I just did one on an 02. Sounds like I'm not charging enough. With that, a door, rear bumper, windshield, and paint on quarter, roof, and bumper. I charged $1400...
Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:29 AM
That is with new parts from gm. I need to try to find a place that will use scrap parts I guess?
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:15 PM
Got a second quote $1750 with a free rental car. I'm going with these guys. Also I was found 75% at fault. At least it wasn't all my fault
Tuesday, October 09, 2012 9:54 PM
I had that same spot hit, first estate was $3700, second was $1600, and they had enough left over to fix my leaky top(it's a vert)

Monday, October 15, 2012 8:22 PM
Nice I'm going to drop mine off this week to get fixed. We'll see how it goes. You have any after pics of yours?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search