Its a sad day... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Its a sad day...
Monday, April 08, 2013 10:29 AM
I never come in here to see cars. I also hoped I would never have to make a post like this.

I was headed to work this morning and got t-boned by high schoolol girl in a civic.

The rearbuckled is buckeled where the c-pillar meetsIverom what ive seen before, it typically means there is frame damage.

passenger the passanger front control arm and shoved the tire into the door. The rim is shattered.

On a good notedidn'tappears it didnt hurt the motor or the turbo. The intercooler also looks to be unscathed.

Im assuming it will be totalled by looking at the damage. If it is, I plan to buy it back and remove all salvagable parts.

I havent decided on if Im going to buy another J or not though. Ive had that one for 12 years now. Hard to loose a member of the family like that. I have some several faster cars to keep this econobox.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Re: Its a sad day...
Monday, April 08, 2013 3:52 PM
Was sad to get this text this morning. I say go with the plan we been talking about if worst comes to worst that is, hopefully they can fix it!
Monday, April 08, 2013 4:57 PM
That sucks man . . . glad you're ok - sucks about the car. 12 years is a long time . .

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 7:12 PM
I lost mine after ten, I know it sucks. I ended up picking up another to throw all of my parts on. I have had "better" cars but i just like the ergonomics etc of the j.

Friday, April 12, 2013 6:35 PM
Insurance totalled the car. Came to a decent settlement. Enough to buy another.

The car is coming home tonight, should be home in an hour or so.

Plan is to strip the car of usable parts and put them to use on another j.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:18 PM
Replacement has been acquired.

Picked up an 03 lss with 150k miles. Should take care of me for a while.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 2:51 PM
thats ironic. i just picked up a 04 lss to throw my stuff on. look forward to a thread on photo & media

Sunday, April 21, 2013 10:27 PM
Its definately going to be interesting getting to know all about the ECO. Not sure how much I will do to this car but may end up following the GM build book and doing another decent turbo build.

I too will be making a thread in Photos and Media forum. I have alreasy started working on it.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:30 PM
Hey man sucks to see this happen, but congrats on new yellow cav, just looked threw post under photo sections. Was wondering if you would interested in selling front lip from red cavy and the fog lights, thanks.

FuzzMASTA9
Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:45 AM
Sorry for your loss

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search