Neighbor drove into my parked car... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Neighbor drove into my parked car...
Friday, August 16, 2013 6:27 AM
A few months back my neighbor was pulling into the parking stall next to me at my apartment and drove into my car. I wasn't aware at the time, but I was reviewing my security camera footage later that night (yes I have a dedicated camera just for my car... rough neighborhood... don't ask...) and I noticed he had come home. For @!#$s and giggled I went back to when he pulled in just to see if his girlfriend came home with him. He came in at an odd angle, stopped, reversed, then drove forward hooking my rear drivers side wheel well with his bumper. He reversed again, pulled forward, reversed once more then pulled in straight. I was flabbergasted as I watched him get out, hardly check what damage he had done and walked away. I still, to this day, figure he was intoxicated that night. Anyways, he didn't come to me until 6pm the following day to confess. I was going to let him come to me as if he didn't I would have filed a hit and run as I had it all on video. He wanted to pay out of pocket for the damages saying it would only be about $500 and I told him to let me get some estimates done first ($500... yeah right...). Turns out the actual damage was around $2200 including a rental car for the week I wouldn't have my car, so he reluctantly put it through insurance. Pictures below show the damage and the body shop repair (repair picture you can see the reflection of his truck). Oh well my baby is back in one unbent piece so all is well. Got some fresh paint out of the deal and all the door dings are gone.

Re: Neighbor drove into my parked car...
Friday, August 16, 2013 6:41 AM
ughh its on the quarter also...that sux ..
oh well it dont look that bad...good luck
Friday, August 16, 2013 7:12 AM
Yeah I am assuming it was the reason it was so expensive. Oh well all is fixed now.
Friday, August 16, 2013 7:40 AM
quarter panel damage sucks... glad to see you got it fixed man. Looks good.

Monday, August 26, 2013 10:53 AM
Yeah I am so sick of all the damage I find on my car caused by other people in parking lots. The only damage I have ever caused to it was pulling in to close to a wall in a parking garage and I scratched my front bumper. I have countless dings caused by "stray" doors as well as lots of scratches on my rear bumper from other people swinging out too soon in parking lots and they catch the corner of it. Also have a nice scratch from what I can only guess is a hitch hitting my bumper. Was nice that my camera set up caught at least one of these parking lot "mishaps".

I have the video! I will upload it here shortly.
Monday, August 26, 2013 11:18 AM

Monday, August 26, 2013 11:44 AM

Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:38 PM
late to the party but i had that happen a few times and it makes me hate people even more.

Monday, December 21, 2015 7:32 PM
there are like 8 asians living in the apartment next to mine, only one has a license but the other 7 drive the car without a license,,. everyone here hates them as they are always dinging cars and denying it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search