Wheels Stolen off Car - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wheels Stolen off Car
Tuesday, February 01, 2005 10:57 AM
Well this morning I awoke to find that my Chrome LS Sport rims had been stolen off my car. Sometime in the night my car was jacked up and blocked and my wheels stolen. I am soooo pissed off right now. We have an adjuster coming to asses what I'll get from my insurance in a few days. God I HATE Theives!

Re: Wheels Stolen off Car
Tuesday, February 01, 2005 11:02 AM
Those rims are more than $600 EACH from the dealer, so you should get around $2800 for wheels and tires from your insurance company, time for 18's

Oh, and make sure to get locking lugs this time.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 11:42 AM
ouch that sucks...600 each damn...thats a pretty penny for each of those rims. i didnt know they were that much. put it toward a nice investment.
Tuesday, February 01, 2005 1:18 PM
you should be happy, the insurance company should at least give you $1200, time to buy yourself some nice free 18's sorry bout gettin jacked tho lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, February 01, 2005 4:19 PM
Damn Dude that sucks

__________________--------------------------____________________
Team: NONE RIGHT NOW
Sponsored By: Pro Trucks
Work Being Done By: creative customs
Stuff for Sell:

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 6:21 PM
Yeah the claims adjuster came out quoted them at $596 each, plus the amount for tires (not sure how much yet), the paint scratches on my side skirts (the blocks are between them and the frame), the lugs and tire balancing for new tires. Seems like I didnt get shafted. Hopefully I'll get a fair price for everything too. The kicker is I have a $1000 deductiable, so if I get something too expensive I wont be coming out even. Tomarrow I should get my check and then I'll go shopping. Kinda funny how stuff works out, I hate getting my @!#$ stolen, but I'll get better rims in the outcome. Heh heh heh! I figure if i get $2800 for the insurace that leaves me with $1800 to get some nice arse rims and tires.
Tuesday, February 01, 2005 6:30 PM
One of my teachers is a pretty young guy. Well 35 and he bought one of them Bonville SSei's a year or two ago and had his rims jacked in Rochester. The best part, they did it in 15 minutes. He was at the mall, went to leave and his younger daughter needed to use the bathroom so he pulled in by the foodcourt and went in and came out to see the front end on blocks and the back laying on the ground.

Needless to say he has some beautiful aftermarket rims.....for 500 bucks deductible..

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 9:40 PM
that is sweet how it all will work out.

maybe i should steal MY rims haha...
Tuesday, February 01, 2005 10:35 PM
Heh I just wanted to post this so everyone got a generalization of what I woke up and saw. I think it looks like a big brake conversion needs to be done.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379740_5_thumb.jpg
Tuesday, February 01, 2005 10:37 PM
Nevermind that link use this one... http://www.cardomain.com/id/grabtheeznuts
Wednesday, February 02, 2005 6:08 PM
Hey guys I got a quick question for you all. I got my check today from the insurance.. BUT they didn't give me the price for the OEM stock rims. I guess the guy went to www.newwheel.com and is quoting me on the replica wheels from them which are only $325. The stock wheels were chrome right? I know the guy is screwing me over because I shouldn't get reimbursed with some replicas that arent even the same material. I just wanted to know what everyone thought of this.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 6:34 PM
there was a "polished" model, and a chrome model. if you have the ls sport, you most likely have the chrome ones.

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, February 02, 2005 7:48 PM
wishihadanelky wrote:Hey guys I got a quick question for you all. I got my check today from the insurance.. BUT they didn't give me the price for the OEM stock rims. I guess the guy went to www.newwheel.com and is quoting me on the replica wheels from them which are only $325. The stock wheels were chrome right? I know the guy is screwing me over because I shouldn't get reimbursed with some replicas that arent even the same material. I just wanted to know what everyone thought of this.

They cost $350 at gmpartsdirect but about $600 at the dealer.....
I think i got the right part number 9595065

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04 Cavy LS Sport

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 7:58 PM
the base sports had the machined wheels , and the LS sports had the chrome

also the dealers would swap wheels per customer taste

best is to get a pic of your car with the chrome wheels , and go to the dealer and get a price on them (do not tell them its for the insurance company cause they will not give you anything with the price on it)

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 9:27 PM
I guess my next question is are the wheels off of www.newwheel.com the same as OEM? Because on my description of the costs of everything that I got back from the adjuster, it says that they are alloy.

I wish I was getting what the guy led us to believe. I have a set of 18" Enkei rims and tires on hold at discount tire for $1299. Now I don't know if I'll have enough for them.
Thursday, February 03, 2005 1:56 PM
they are chrome aluminum rims , in the middle of the 3 wheels on the page below

also do not for get the center caps

http://www.newwheel.com/?Make=General%2BMotors&Model=Cavalier&xYear=2004

Thursday, February 03, 2005 2:47 PM
If your wheel comes in different colors or finishes, or your wheels are different for front/rear or left/right, we will be contacting you to make sure you get the right wheel.
The price is the same for all finishes except chrome which is typically $150-$200.00 more per wheel.
Prices include shipping to the lower 48 states.

this is a quote from new wheels. Make sure he burns. he forgot to include the price increase for chrome. man i would be pissed.

2004 Cavalier, 2.2L Ecotec
1965 El Camino, 396 BBC, 14:1, 800 BHP
Thursday, February 03, 2005 6:22 PM
Demonchild wrote:If your wheel comes in different colors or finishes, or your wheels are different for front/rear or left/right, we will be contacting you to make sure you get the right wheel.
The price is the same for all finishes except chrome which is typically $150-$200.00 more per wheel.
Prices include shipping to the lower 48 states.

this is a quote from new wheels. Make sure he burns. he forgot to include the price increase for chrome. man i would be pissed.

Yeah I saw that too. While I was getting my new wheels (18" Enkei RSV's in Anthracite!), the seller from discount tires called www.newwheel.com and those LS Sport rims are used and there is only 1 avaiable. So we have again called the adjuster and hopefully he will get the hint that we dont want to be screwed with and want fair price.
Friday, February 04, 2005 3:57 PM
dang right... dont take that crap!!

Click Here, To Check Out My Interior

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 4:34 PM
OUCH THANKGOD I STILL HAVE MINE

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search