Car keys stolen, what do I do? I have no spare - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Car keys stolen, what do I do? I have no spare
Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:12 AM
Ok well my friend and i went to a club and were there a good 5 hrs. So we come out what was about an hr b4 this post to find his camaro broken into. No windows broken nothing, just a missing stero. Then we also find that his 300 dollar jacket was gone out of the trunk, and some money from the glove box. Well prior to leaving for the club, i met up with him as his school and parked my car there. I didnt really wanna be carrying a bunch of crap around in a club if i didnt have to, so i put my keys in his glove box. Well my keys were also stolen with his stuff. I don't get it, why would u steal some keys that don't fit the car. There is no freaking way they will ever find my car. Plus its not like i had some cool/valiable chain, it was just 2 keys and a cheap ass keyless entry button. They are mearly a damn paper weight for them. Im soooo damn pissed, cuz i never got around to making a spare, and now its biting me in the ass.

So with that said, i need help. I dont know what to do, sense i dont have a key for the ignition switch. Can i simply get a new ignition switch?? Or possibly get a key some how made for the switch?? Im afraid i may have to totally swap the entire steering colum. But i really dont have an idea of what to do? Im sure this has happened b4 to some people, so if anybody can please offer me help. Im an now stuck w/o a car

Oh how i hate the @!#$ty parts of life...

Check Out My Domain Page!!!

Re: Car keys stolen, what do I do? I have no spare
Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:45 AM
you can get a new key from the dealership thats what my dad did when i locked my keys in my car i cant remember what number you use but they can make you a new key and they probably took it to piss you off maybe i will remeber when i am sober.

Sunday, February 20, 2005 10:19 AM
ahha, thanks cool drunk guy!

Sunday, February 20, 2005 4:46 PM
ok well i got a key made on site from a lock smith, im all game now.

Re: Car keys stolen, what do I do? I have no spar
Sunday, February 20, 2005 4:47 PM
Most locksmiths can also duplicate lost keys, gonna cost ya though but so will the dealer
Monday, February 21, 2005 11:56 AM
you can go to a dealer, give them your vin number and they can make you a key based on that.... they only wanted like 10-20 bucks if i remember right too...

Monday, February 21, 2005 12:03 PM
that sucks, yea i would go to the dealer. if the person who stole the key knows its for a fire or cav they can still be in luck. i know some people whos keys work in others fire's and cavs. my cav key opens up my friends moms are and vise versa.

Monday, February 21, 2005 7:43 PM
Chances of them finding my car is lower than you can imagine. I live in a suberb of dallas, and it was stollen in down town area of dallas, some im pretty safe. If it works on somebody elses car well bad luck for them, i cant help what people do with my stolen keys.

But as for the key, i called a lock smith to my car to pick the key hole so he could get the key code and then make one. He had a little machine right in his van. So he made me 1 and a spare. Cost me 130 bucks tho, but i needed it.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:07 AM
130$ for a key... Ouch you got rapped BAD. Should have wrote down your VIN and gone to a dealer. Make you a new key in about 15 mins, and it would have cost you around 20$.

Dark blue 2002 Z24, 2.4 Ltr.
Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:33 PM
good to see you got your key situation fixed man, hope to see you guys back in houston sometime soon

~BC~
Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:42 PM
someone stoled my car/house key from the locker at the gym couple hourse ago

i think the reason they stold it is to brake in to my hose or somthing.......stupid idiots

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Real cars don't make power at the front wheels......
THEY LIFT THEM !!!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Friday, February 25, 2005 9:48 PM
GreenFire wrote:Chances of them finding my car is lower than you can imagine. I live in a suberb of dallas, and it was stollen in down town area of dallas, some im pretty safe. If it works on somebody elses car well bad luck for them, i cant help what people do with my stolen keys.

But as for the key, i called a lock smith to my car to pick the key hole so he could get the key code and then make one. He had a little machine right in his van. So he made me 1 and a spare. Cost me 130 bucks tho, but i needed it.

Man you got reamed, but I guess you had to. Thats what you get for not going and making a few copies when you had a key. I keep at least 5 copies around. For 7.50 its a hell of a lot cheaper than $130
Friday, February 25, 2005 9:52 PM
best thing to do is go to a GM dealer with your registration or other proof of ownership they can type your vin into a gm web site and have key codes for you in minutes most dealerships will not even charge you for anthing but the key

My Cardomain
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 2:48 PM
yea someone stole my keys once and i had to drive 4 hours home to get my spare... i was not happy, and cause my car had a chip in it the dealer wanted crazy money for a key.....
Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:58 AM
Ah, that sucks man! I lost my keys awhile back and like you only had one key for my Cavy. I ended up calling the dealer and asking them. They made me 2 keys and it cost me like $20? Something like that. Most likely they could've even replaced the keyless entry thing for you right off the bat. They just need the vin number and you are golden. Took them less then the 15 minute drive for me to get there for them to make the key.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search