Coulda been a LOT worse... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Coulda been a LOT worse...
Monday, March 21, 2005 11:34 AM
Saturday nite, I'm drivin home, not paying attention, trying to fix the radio, and put out a cigarette, realize I'm in a turn I thought was further up the road. (Also didn't realize I was going almost 140 km/h) I hit the gravel shoulder, and the car spins sideways a little bit. I try to get control but the car keeps fishtailing across both lanes. After about 300 feet the car spins completely around and I fly off the road backwards on the opposite side of the road I was travelling on. All I can hear is ice scraping the sides and bottom of the car and just when I thought the car was gonna stop, it flips up onto the passenger side. So there I am, hanging down into the passenger seat, thinking about how much it's gonna hurt when I unbuckle the belt, and the car falls back down onto all four wheels. Being in a good 2 feet of fresh snow, I thought it would be a soft landing, but I thought the suspension would have blown right out of it. Anyways, a friend of mine with a 4WD was right ahead of me, but we had nothing to pull the car with, so I had to call a tow truck. Checked out the damage Sunday morning, passenger side is scratched pretty bad, a few dings and dents, the roof on the drivers side has a dent in it somehow, both front inner-fenders got tore out, rear bumper on passenger side corner is bent in, various other minor things underneath damaged. Still driveable, tho. Funny thing is, I went back Sunday to the scene, and all the was holding the car on it's side from flipping completely over were 2 small trees about 4 or 5 inches in diameter, and beyond the trees was about a 20-30 foot drop to the river. Might get some pics up but it's not really anything major, just underneath is where most of the damage is. A lot of the scratches buffed right out. Scary sh*t though, as fast as I was going...

Re: Coulda been a LOT worse...
Monday, March 21, 2005 11:58 AM
damn yer lucky u didint fall into the river, and reading this story i figured itd be totaled, glad to see you made it out with relatively little damage

Re: Coulda been a LOT worse...
Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:19 PM
Yeah, Got looking a little closer underneath last night, small hole in the oil pan, The right rear tire won't hold air so the rim is probably bent, and I'm waiting to hear from the garage if the control arm on the passenger side is bent like I think it is. Still D*mn lucky though.

"As long as it has a heater, radio, brakes, and a floor, it's better than your old car..."
-Salesman I bought my 'Fire from...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search