97 Cavalier versus Guard Rail... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
97 Cavalier versus Guard Rail...
Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:38 PM
I'd definitely say the Guard Rail won or at least came out even. I wish I had a pic of the damage but this sucks. Mainly the only damage I can see that I took was in the right rear quarter panel. Have couple dents, one nice crease and of course the scrapes. Back bumper might be a little out of whack but it's still up but looks a little bent although that don't concern me as much as the looks of the right-rear (passenger side) quarter panel.

I'm going to fix it out of my own pocket, I hit ice on the interstate and the car just jumped from underneath me and did a 180 into the guard rail .Tail light survived and the car drives fun so I think it is mainly cosmetic damage. What can I expect in price ranges for a cosmetic fix up for a few dents/creases and a repaint on the quarter panel? I'm just glad it wasn't totalled!

Re: 97 Cavalier versus Guard Rail...
Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:55 PM
same @!#$ happened to me jan 1st . Except it was on a bridge, the rear spun to the left and front left hit, then bounced off and left rear quarter hit. The quarter is about $1200 for a body shop to replace. Mine was creased and i bought a used quarter at a local junkyard for $200. That was the entire left rear corner of the car. I did the work myself. Its a b*tch to get everything lined up right. I also needed a hood and left fender. Mine sucked worse than yours but have fun. Yous includes the gas door so its gonna be funner to fit. have fun bro.

3800 series II supercharged swap in progress
Not now, but someday!
Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:15 AM
I'm going to try to get pics and will probably head to a couple body shops for estimates tomorrow. I don't want to kill my accident free 4-5 year record here lately so I'd rather not report this. Hmmm, hopefully pics tomorrow - will have to fire up the digital camera.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:58 AM
Here's the car before the wreck: I'll definitely have pictures tomorrow, just dug out the Digital Camera so have to wait until daylight to take the pics, hehe.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 3:18 AM
Not a great pic but it gives the general idea. There are a couple dents not shown by this pic but you can see how the bumper and the quarter panel are pushed in.

Monday, March 07, 2005 6:22 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident. Your pics aren't showing up also.

97 Sunfire GT Check out my cardomain page
Monday, March 07, 2005 7:37 PM
Got the first pic back up - I'm going to have to retake the second pic since it was really too dark - you could see how it was pushed in but couldn't see the creases and such. I need batteries for my digital camera and since I'll be out tomorrow I'll probably get some then for it.
Monday, March 14, 2005 12:30 PM
Well, I'm not getting it fixed. $1275 worth damage so says the one body shop I went too. I could get another quote but expect them all to be in that same ballpark range. Guess I'll have to wait and get another car soon.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:10 PM
Finally got a pic of the car since it's a nice sunny day out. Resolution isn't the best but it works. You get the idea. I'm still looking at other cars, might end up with used reasonable low mileaged Jeep Wrangler 4x4, always loved the Wranglers and always wanted a 4x4 vehicle. [IMG]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Braxas26/CNXT0001.jpg[/IMG]
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:12 PM
Bah! Messed that up....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search