Okay, how would you handle this? - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Okay, how would you handle this?
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:21 AM
This morning I woke up, got dressed, kissed the wife and kids good bye, walk out to my car and......damn.....all 4 tires flat. Now it was dark so the only thing I could think of was that kids in my town home developmentlet the air out. Fine, didn't have time to inspect thoroughly so I grabbed the keys to my Explorer and went to work. Well the wife calls at 950am and told me that there were knife punctures in all 4 tires.

Now, I have a pretty good idea who did this....99.9% sure. Theres a bunch of thug teenagers in my court who are always starting crap and talking crap. there is this one kid, ever since 4/20 he will always say to me..."happy 4/20" I had to tell him last night that I am not a pot head so stop saying that to me......He didn't like my response. I think him and the crew he hangs with did this because they are known for stuff like this.

Now what I am going to do when I leave here at 12 noon is to call the cops and insurance company and make a legit case and claim. Replace the tires and be done with it.....

But there is a little voice inside of me to approach these kids and ask them who did it.

I am 30yrs old and I am not into doing things that way but I am so frustrated because this is the second time it has happen in my court.

What would you do?

Alex

Re: Okay, how would you handle this?
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:27 AM
let the police approach them. that's their job, it's what they are trained to do. if they have already resorted to physical violence against your property, they probably wouldn't have too much of a problem knockin the crap out of you. like i said, when the police come to get the report, mention to them who you think did it but make sure you say that you don't know for sure and it's just a hunch. let them handle it.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:27 AM
i would put 4 tires on. and let the car sit there. then set up a video camera and catch the little punks in action. but no matter how pissed you get, stay calm and turn the tape over to police

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:29 AM
call the cops, get a report, get the insurance agent out, and make a HUGE scene of it. if you're in a development, get the managers and the rest of the development together and make a scene out of it. also, make sure when you take the punks to court, you charge them for some very nice Bridgestone S0-3's or some Michelin Pilot Sports

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:31 AM
Thanks for the quick responses, Cannon, I will let the Police handle it. It's the little voice in my head that says approach them...lol. I am all about Law Enforcement doing there job.

I guess I am just pissed and confused as well.

Thanks guys
Alex
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:31 AM
Viper98912 wrote:call the cops, get a report, get the insurance agent out, and make a HUGE scene of it. if you're in a development, get the managers and the rest of the development together and make a scene out of it. also, make sure when you take the punks to court, you charge them for some very nice Bridgestone S0-3's or some Michelin Pilot Sports

Good stuff man! lol

Alex
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:44 AM
Alexander Andrade wrote:Thanks for the quick responses, Cannon, I will let the Police handle it. It's the little voice in my head that says approach them...lol. I am all about Law Enforcement doing there job.

I guess I am just pissed and confused as well.

Thanks guys
Alex

If you don't know for sure who did it, there's really no value in approaching them on your own. Unless you've got a friend in the group that you think would help you, what do you expect would happen? They'll deny it and do something worse next time.

Making enemies in that group won't help you. It'll just mean they key it up next time rather than slashing the tires.

If you can point a video camera at the car then that's a good option but most home cameras won't capture squat at night without good lighting. Maybe if you could hide a microphone under the car or something that could catch some evidence but it would be a lot of trouble and it might be weeks or months before they do it again, if ever.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:58 AM
Alexander Andrade wrote:Now what I am going to do when I leave here at 12 noon is to call the cops and insurance company and make a legit case and claim. Replace the tires and be done with it.....

Alex

Thats what I am going to do......
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:39 AM
Alexander Andrade wrote:
Now what I am going to do when I leave here at 12 noon is to call the cops and insurance company and make a legit case and claim. Replace the tires and be done with it.....

That's what I would do...and if you can afford it, install a perimeter sensor on your alarm so if they try it again with your car again, you'll know

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:32 AM
that sucks to hear man , report it to the police and the complex management

Thursday, April 28, 2005 4:02 AM
Well, police never showed, I guess it wasn't big enough for them to come out, so they took an over the phone statement and gave me a case #. I called Progressive and they came out immediately. The guy was really cool. I had to show them a receipt for my wheel and tire purchase from 2 years ago and the tires I bought were $115.00 each. My buddy who works at a garage and who is also my mechanic had some BF Goodrich g-forces in stock that were $130.00 a piece in stock. The insurance agent asked if thats what I wanted and I said yes so he made the check out for 3-tires @ $130.00 a piece which was really cool of him to do. My rear passenger side tire was fine. I thought they got all 4 but it was 3. So he cut me a check for 3 new tires plus applicable taxes and mount & balance. All I have to pay is a $50.00 deductable and $130.00 for a new tire.

All in all it was good.

I will post in 4 days to let you know who did this to my car. My town is very small and word gets around fast! A year and a half ago my car was vandalized and in 4 days I found out who did it, so I am thinking this again.

Thanks
Alex

Thursday, April 28, 2005 6:52 PM
id still talk to your complex and make a large hissy fit about it , and the better get someone to patrol the parking lot , and if it happens again your gonna take it out of your rent payment

not that you really can but scare tactics work sometimes and anything to get them to do something

its cool your insurance company was able to help

wish you luck man

Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:14 PM
The police didn't show because in most states, if the property damage isn't over a set amount of money (estimated by the police over the phone) they will do just what they did. If they responded to every little vady like that, they would be swamped all day long. Anyways, you did the right thing. I would like of upgrading you alarm system to something very loud that would wake everyone up. Someone will call the police on a noise disturbance. Then you would catch them in the area. Keep your case number incase they do something else cause the amount will be cumalative. (sp)

If they do anything else to your car, you call the police and tell them it's a repeat. Then they should come out and patrol. Cause 3 times a call gets sent up the chain to the sup and nobody likes to have there supervisor questioning there work.

Know the system and get it to work for you. Just remember to make sure that your calls are legit. Also keep in mind that you can call sherrif also if it's something big. Sherrifs are usally the ones that deal with property damage. At least in Texas. Oh yea, this is all Texas (Abilene PD) S.O.P. so it might be different were you are.

Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:46 PM
sorry people but you dont know where he lives if you want something done about it you got to do it your self. thats why im going to put a foot in ther candy ass's my self!!!!!

Friday, April 29, 2005 4:12 AM

Thanks for the replies. Nate (my mechanic, my friend) has a really good point. I don't think I have it in me to take matters into my own hand but he is right. If you wanna stop the harrassment or prevent something like this from happening again you have to take care of it on a personal level.

Poolesville, MD was once considered a town where they want you to raise your family, best place to live, quiet and peacefull. Now it seems that the teenagers/punks around here are taking advantage of that. We have no police station here, no stop lights, no security patrolling. It takes 30 minutes+ if you want to go to a mall or a good grocery store, or to see a movie. Very isolated town!

The parents here need to start policing their own! When the parents stop caring, the kids stop caring!

Anyways, thanks all and Nate, I will see you tommorrow for the tires.

Thanks
Alex
Monday, May 02, 2005 8:30 PM
I like the spy cam suggestion. I'd call the cops and insurance company to put the claim in. Get the tires fixed on it so the car is driveable again. Set a spy cam or two up somewhere that it has view of all of your cars and then if it happens again you have instant proof of who did it. No point in resorting to physical violence when it's not necessary and not worth it in the long run.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search