The "Greatest" Week Of My Life - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The "Greatest" Week Of My Life
Monday, May 23, 2005 8:21 PM
Well, it all started on the way up to a party. In my 1998 Sunfire SE, myself and my friend who has a 1997 V6 Mustang were racing around a little bit on the way up there on a road with a few too many sharp corners. Anyways, I hit about 110 on a straightaway, and lost control going into one of the sharp corners. I slammed into a solid bank of dirt still doing about 95, bounced off of it, did 2 complete spins, and slammed back into it. Myself and my passenger were fine, just a little shaken up. So we got a tow truck up there to get it back into town(We were about 10 miles out), and I decided what the hell, I was gonna party. So I proceeded with my friends to the party. Well, a couple hours of good drinking later, someone lights a 5 Gallon plastic container of gasoline on fire, and throws it next to a truck. A truck that was running. Everyone started freaking out and I was in a couldn't really give 2 s#its mood, so I kicked it, therefore igniting my leg, but propably saving 12 people's lives, a brand new Chevy Truck, and my friend's Mustang. I ended up with second degree burns all over my leg. The next day, I went to see my car, only to find it had been broken into, with my Infinity Kappa Perfect Component 6-1/2's and Infinity Kappa 6x9's, a $160 bottle of cologne, and my Oakley's had been stolen. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed. The next day, I got a letter from the DMV saying my licsense was suspended for a 94 in a 55 speeding ticket I had gotten a couple weeks earlier, which didn't do much good since I didn't have a car to drive. Then, 2 days after that, while walking home from work, since I didn't have any other transportation, I got jumped, losing $62, my cell phone and my pride. Like I said, it was the "Greatest" week of my life.

Re: The "Greatest" Week Of My Life
Monday, May 23, 2005 8:47 PM
yeah, that sounds like a crappy week. i'm sorry it all happened to you but i have a few thoughts:

things i don't feel bad for happening to you:

totaled car, stolen stuff, suspended license, being jumped on the street

street racing is stupid and dangerous. none of that would have happened if you had not been going 100 mph on a twisty road or for going 94 mph in a 55 mph zone.

things i do feel bad about happening to you:

burning your leg - this happened because of poor judgement on your part

moral of the story - use better judgement and don't drive fast so sh*t like this won't happen!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 9:35 AM
that sucks but yea it kind of all boils down from you racing (except the burned leg, that was just stupid) if you didnt race, your car would not be wrecked, stereo stuff wouldnt be stolen and you wouldnt have gotten jumped since you would of had a car. i know it all sucks.

one question
David Horton wrote:Then, 2 days after that, while walking home from work, since I didn't have any other transportation, I got jumped, losing $62, my cell phone and my pride. Like I said, it was the "Greatest" week of my life.

you lost your pride? what, did you take it in the ass or something?

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 3:18 PM
Uhmm you all are dumbasses hes full of @!#$
Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:46 AM
Abilene Z24 wrote:Uhmm you all are dumbasses hes full of @!#$

I was just about to say that to, calling BS on another poster, just like the diesel in my tank poster.

First off you hit a pile of dirt doing 95 and were just shook up?
I dont care what you hit, you would be more than shook up, if you hit it at 95 you would be luckly to live.

Also I dont get how you "bounced off of it" spun twice and then hit it again? Seems to me at 95mph your car would be buried.

Secondly what city do you live in that you can get doing about 110?

I dont know about your city but in mine it hard to get going the speed limit half the time, and 110 forget it.

With this plastic jug of gas you speak of. It would have ignited as soon as he lit it, he wouldnt have time to throw it.

Also you dont get a ticket for 94 in 55mph, that would more likely be a haul off to jail for a misdemenior (sp) charge of some sort.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Friday, June 17, 2005 9:59 AM
how about the fact that a with a govenor a sunfire wouldnt go 110

The Only Stupid Question, Is The One You Don't Search For
Friday, June 17, 2005 6:35 PM
your all right except 3 things....

lighting a plstic jug of gasoline would not explode...just ignite...he would have time to throw it..and then once kicked the gasoline shot out of the container catching his leg on fire

96 in a 55 is not a misdemeanor... i got a ticket for 100 in a 55 and he let me drive home 9 when iw as 16) and i didnt lose my license for another 6 months when i went to court

theres plenty of places in the city i live in where you can get going 100...especially if your on a highway...which theres tons of highways in cities

but the story is still BS cause at 95 mph he would not have bounced and spun..he would be f*cked...also if anyone totalled there car like that...that bad police would be called as well as ambulances and you would NOT have gone out to party

Saturday, June 18, 2005 7:44 PM
Goveners in Sunfire's are 108mph

He would have been arrested for reckless endangerment, speeding (over double the limit), improper use of automobile, failure to control car, etc... He would not have just gotten away with a tow truck, he would've been arrested, plain and simple. I know quite a few cops...

You can light a jug of gasoline. I've done it. If it is set up right, it will ignite and the "wick" will stay lit for a few seconds before the entire container explodes. If he would have kicked it as he claimed, the jug would've exploded right then and there since it would've put pressure into the jug, the air would've hit it and BAM, explosion.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search