damn, i hate this...... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
damn, i hate this......
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 10:44 PM
well, yes, another post in this forum, i do think that might be a record for the same person posting in this forum in less then a month on two seperate incidents!! well, this one does not involve my cavalier, but rather worse, my wife brand new 2005 cobalt ls. she was on her way to the video store, and she was makeing a left, when this dumb bitch on the right side of her decides to swerve left, side swipe the front passenger side fender, and then take off. luckily my wife got her plate number. she made a report out, and is still shaken up about the whole thing. she called me at work crying her eyes out, thinking i was going to be mad. but it was not her fault, but what can i say. shes a little sore, but im not sure what to do about that b/c i dont have health insurence for her. im still not sure if the car insurence will pay for something like that since this happend from a direct result of the accident. this is not a ood month so far. lol. first my car,now this. tahnk god shes okay, a little sore, but okay. the car can be fixed, hopefully i can say the same about my rates. lol. i know there going to go up b/c i have to make a claim. i tried to get some off ebay, but, nothin there yet. lol. gotta try everything. oh well, i shoud find out in the next comeing days if this broad had any insurence. BTW, a 95 dodge van hit her, and took off. so i dont know what to do with this. i dont want to claim it with the insurence, but i also dont want to have a car not even a month old have damage on it either, and look ghetto as hell, ya know? well, any help would be great! thanks guys!!

mike z

Re: damn, i hate this......
Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:32 AM
If she got the plate number, then the cops should be able to verify what's going on and make a claim on the insurance of the person that hit her. You shouldn't claim it on your own, especially if the person did a hit-and-run!

Sucks having a new car damaged, my buddy's limited edition tc got a door ding in it 6 days after he got it

Good luck.

Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:39 AM
if its a claim because of someone else's fault (and you have the police report to prove it) then your insurance shouldn't change.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:49 AM
Problem is her word against the other drivers.

Was this a busy intersection, in my city we have cameras at all busy intersections running 24/7, see if your city has them, you need more than just she says she says.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:33 AM
oh yeah like they're gonna believe that the damage came out of nowhere.

It'll be easy to verify once they check the van that hit her cobalt. and the fact that the driver of the van probably didn't report it to their insurance or police. I think there's enough evidence there to prove that the person hit her, not the other way around..

keep us updated. just the fact that the van left the scene and failed to report anything to the police is already 2 against them

Premium since Tuesday, May 24, 2005 10:19 Pacific time. Support the .org people!
Friday, May 27, 2005 9:36 AM
Rob S wrote:Problem is her word against the other drivers.

Was this a busy intersection, in my city we have cameras at all busy intersections running 24/7, see if your city has them, you need more than just she says she says.

its a hit and run. its the other persons fault. not only that its a felony to leave the scene of an accident. what is she going to say, uhh she hit me and i got nervous so i left?

Saturday, May 28, 2005 10:55 PM
UPDATE:

hey guys, first off, i want to thank everyone for there kind words, its been a very hectic month, with my car getting damaged, my air ride not working right for a week, then after everything seems to be going good, this @!#$ happens. well, listen to this. Allstate, my insurence found her!! SHE HAS INSURANCE!!! fom founders. so there working on getting my deductible back. thank god, i went friday to get it esimated by allstate that the damage totaled 623.04. so i had a HUGE check for 123.04. THANKS ALLSTATE!! but its okay, they said i should be seeing the 500 back soon, so im going to be putting the cobalt in the shop this tuesday, and im going to get a rental. time to "rice the rental"!! lol. but this is where it gets funny at, my agent called the ladys house, and her husband answered the phone, the agent tells the guy that his wife was involved in a hit and run, the guy goes, is she okay, and the agant goes, yeah, but she was not the one hit, she was the one who hit and ran. so apperently the husband knew nothing about it, so the agent asked where did she work at b/c we know its a jewel around the house, since my wife saw the jewel shirt on her, and he goes, oh yeah, this the one on such and shuch roads. SO HER OWN HUSBAND TRICKED OFF ON HER!!! that was funny as hell. but it gets better, the agent called her job, and talked to the lady, she goes and tells him, that she pulled over at the laundrymatt parking lot, and didnt see my wife, (now the only laundrymatt on that whole street SHARES the same parking lot with hollywood video where my wife made the police report, and had the cops at) so she left, when asked if she reported it to the police, she said she did not, but rather shes not the one that ran, but my wife is the one that fled the scene. this is comeing from the same lady that hit my wifes car, and blew the red light to make a left turn, from the right lane, and shes not the one who fled the scene, but rather my wife (who waited for the light to turn green to turn left) is the one who fled. but allstate already told us that its 100% her fault just because of the story. so they lady admitted to leaving to the agent, so now there going after her license for revoktion (SP?) and according to my agent, her current insurence company is going to drop her after this goes through. funny stuff aint it?? lol. thought you guys might get a kick out of it!! take care guys, and im hopeing to get some accident shots of it this weekend, and have them developed later this week. thanks again guys for all the help youve given me!!

mike z

Sunday, May 29, 2005 6:21 AM
Glad it's working out for you! That lady doesn't sound too smart

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search