Sister's sunfire versus moose - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sister's sunfire versus moose
Monday, May 09, 2005 3:11 PM
Well my sister was heading back to school in Sudbury a couple weeks ago for her last exam before summer holidays. Anyways she hit a Bull moose. My sister came out with just some scratches and cuts, luckly being 5' 10" in a car like a j-body. As for the moose, well it died 20mins after. She did however get a 2003 sunfire out of the deal. Anyways on with the pics.

Re: Sister's sunfire versus moose
Monday, May 09, 2005 3:44 PM
ow. your sis was a lucky one.

Monday, May 09, 2005 7:33 PM
DvBoard (The V One) wrote:ow. your sis was a lucky one.

Yes.

Is hitting a moose a common occurance? I feel bad, but I kinda chuckled at the title, just because it seems out of the ordinary...

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 8:50 AM
Quote:

Is hitting a moose a common occurance?

Depends on where you live. In Alaska where I used to live it was such a common occurance the school buses that traveled more rural routes had aircraft landing lights on them so they could spot them before they hit them. I think the average in Alaska is about 650 moose a year kiiled by cars and trains.

josh
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 9:15 AM
Pork Chop Sandwiches!!! wrote: I feel bad, but I kinda chuckled at the title, just because it seems out of the ordinary...

so did it. its not everyday someone his a moose. that thing had to be huge, look at the roof. glad to hear shes ok though. you can alway replace a car

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:27 AM
holy crap... that's crazy. is that a chunk of the moose's hair in front of the shift knob?

glad your sister is ok, i bet she was shook up for a while afterwards though.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 1:33 PM
I don't know about being a common occurance, since I dont live in that area, or near there. I know it is in N.B. because my grandma says she knows of someone that dies nearly every year from hitting them.

Anyways, ya that would be hair in the front, my sister said she had hair and blood all over her, and said it was really gross, ha ha. As for being shock up, ya for sure. She said she called my mom and my mom didn't even reconize her on the phone because of her voice and the way she was talking. I asked her if she took pictures of the moose, but she said she had other things on her mind instead But she was very lucky.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:01 PM
ouch....glad ur sis is alright

that car got messed up, but hey an 03 fire is a pretty good trade off

Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:25 PM
i cant beleive the airbags didnt deploy

Thursday, May 19, 2005 10:47 PM
The Other Matt wrote:i cant beleive the airbags didnt deploy

No sh!t, mine sure did when I hit one last night.

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Saturday, May 21, 2005 7:42 AM
I can see why the bags didn't deploy:

Take a good look at the damage. Most of it is to the hood & upper roof area.
This is because a standing moose is very tall. When you hit one with a small car like a Sunfire, you end up clipping it's legs.

The moose would have fallen onto the hood and slid up the car, taking out the roof, missing the Sunfire's airbag sensors.

Your sister was lucky. If the moose was bigger and had she been going faster, she probably would have been decaptitated. Believe it or not, this happens more often than you might think.

When KanewtZ hit his moose, it was already lying on the ground. This meant that the lower portion of the vehicle sustained the brunt of the impact and thus caused the bags to go off.

Mmmm.....moose fur

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:50 AM
She hit a mosse kinda of like this:

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:54 AM
OR

Like this:

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search