Homer got smashed in the face - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Homer got smashed in the face
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 11:09 PM
This happened a few months ago, but I'm new and wanted to post my story. It's not nearly as bad as some of these others, but it still scared the hell out of me.

I was on my way to class going about 80mph on I-75 and this flatbed semi had control over the left lane. Semis scare me, but the right lane was going 60 (10 miles under the speed limit), so I took my chances. I was about four or fiver car lengths behind this guy when I see something fall off the back of the truck and bounce off the road. I had no time to react before it went straight at my windshield. It made a small hole in it and cracked the hell out of it. My passenger was saved by a banana that he was eating because glass got stuck in it in front of his mouth. It's really scary to be driving with glass shards in the air and wind ripping through your windshield.

I pulled over to assess the damage and nearly cried. It was sad seeing my girl all bashed up. I called highway patrol and it took them 1 1/2 hours to get to me. In the time it took them to come to me, four cars pulled over to help me and a cop stopped by to see the problem. He thought I hit a coyote.

AAA towed me home and all I could do is stare at my car and thank god the junk that hit me wasn't bigger. Luckily, I was still living at home and only 17 at the time, so my parents paid for the new windshield. I really miss the decal, though, no matter how stupid people say it is.

Re: Homer got smashed in the face
Thursday, July 14, 2005 1:02 PM
You shoulda talked to your insurance company, many of them gladly pay most of a new windshield, outside of your deductable. This is because a cracked or damaged windshield reduces the structural integrity of the car in a rollover by something like 50%.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, July 14, 2005 1:21 PM
Only if it effects the drivers vision, otherwise majority of insurance companies will not cover it, if it's not in the directly driver line of vision.. this might've qualify though..

Glad to hear you or your friend wasn't hurt, that could've been a very painful experience. Any idea on what hit you? At first I thought it was a baseball or something :\

Thursday, July 14, 2005 1:27 PM
Quote:

Glad to hear you or your friend wasn't hurt, that could've been a very painful experience. Any idea on what hit you? At first I thought it was a baseball or something :\

I think it was a piece of a 2x4...I'm not sure. It was wood, though. Insurance might have helped with it, I'm not sure, I didn't pay for it. I got the guy's tag number, but the company didn't do anything to help.
Saturday, July 16, 2005 11:38 PM
I had the same thing happen to me once but instead of something falling off a truck....... my hood wrapped around my windshield. I was going around 65 mph. It came up so fast that it wrapped around through my sunroof an dhit me in the head. I pulled off to the side, kicked my hood in to where it could close again and drove home with a concusion.

Cardomain|Myspace

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search