hit a dog doing 60 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hit a dog doing 60
Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:54 PM
hey everyone ... before i start this just let me say ... the bumber doesn't it mater to me ... i killed a dog .. i took a life ... who cares about the bumber when u take a life .. well i was on the way home from my girlfriends house and out of no where this dog and cat ran across the road and bam .. i couldn' stop ... so i pulled over , got out ewent check the dog and it was dead.... i never felt this down before . so i pulled it on side the road and left ... i didn't even think bout my bumber till i got home . i have the drift front bumber and it prety screwed up .... cracked the whole bottom part and the mounting holes where it connect to the fenders is shot too .. but oh well who cares .. that can be fixed .. replacing a life can't . well i gonan go . i probly gonna put all my stock parts back on now ... i didn't car for the bodykit anyway .. rode to low for me .. wel i g2g. lata

Re: hit a dog doing 60
Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:06 PM
Dont tell the GF.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true."
Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:16 PM
I've never hit an animal before with my car. I could hit a squirrel or bird and not care. But a dog feels somehow different. They are man's companion. I love dogs. I'd feel just how you do if I was in your position. Sorry about what happened man.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:22 PM
lol, good story....What happened to the dog? I mean a 1.25 ton object flying 60 mph into a dog....had to look pretty tenderized....

Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:57 PM
you sick bastard... lol

Friday, July 15, 2005 12:20 AM

Friday, July 15, 2005 1:17 AM
I'm impressed that you had the heart to get sad about the dog. I would think most people would freak out about their cars. I've seena dog get hit...it just stuns you.
Friday, July 15, 2005 1:20 AM
^ That's just wrong!

Don't let it get to you man. It wasn't your fault it ran out in front of you. I know what you mean though. I used to live in a bad spot and every dog I had got hit by cars sometime or another. At least you had the decentsy to stop and move it out of the road.

J-body of Kentucky
Friday, July 15, 2005 4:37 AM
yea it sucks but look at it this way. you could of tried to avoid it and you could of possibly saved the dog but in return you could of killed yourself by hitting something.

Friday, July 15, 2005 5:08 AM
im sorry to hear about that. and as for all you sick f--ks making fun i hope a pitbull takes off one of your nuts.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, July 15, 2005 5:34 AM
damn matt I actually choked laughing at that picture.....then a sudden disturbing feeling rolled in.

Ya, it sucks hitting animals...I think the closest thing to a dog that iv'e hit was a big brown fox....he looked me in the damn eyes when my car slid over him all 4 wheels locked up. felt like crap for days.

Now if the dog is chasing your car...im a bit less incline to care because I ride a morotrcycle, and I've know people who have died because some damn dog decided to chace them and run into the front wheel... Dogs that chase motorcycles should be shot.

Friday, July 15, 2005 5:35 AM
I had a 95 neon and i hit a big pitbull my car came off the ground it killed the front end of my car i felt the same way dude its not much fun for you the dog or the car
Friday, July 15, 2005 6:49 AM
Sorry to hear, was it your GFs dog? I didnt get that part of it? I can understand letting your pets be outside if in the country etc, but man if there is a 60 mph road, i guarentee I would put a dog in the back yard fenced in or something.

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Friday, July 15, 2005 7:08 AM
what i still dont understand is how on earth was the dog doing 60? i mean i've
seen them run fast but never that fast!

and try not to feel too bad i hit a duck that flew right out in front of my car about a week
ago. feathers went evey where i tried to stop but i actualy felt it go under my drivers side front wheel then the abs kicked on and then the drivers side rear wheel and again the
abs kicked in when i finaly stoped there were duck bits all over the place. it was nasty
and i had feather all in my grill. i felt like crap for the whole day i got pets at home
so running over an animal realy sucks.

Friday, July 15, 2005 7:41 AM
Man, that sucks. Just out of curiousity, was it a residential area since there were pets like the dog and cat around? If so, what was the speed limit, like 25?
Friday, July 15, 2005 7:43 AM
jackalope wrote:what i still dont understand is how on earth was the dog doing 60? i mean i've
seen them run fast but never that fast!

Maybe I understood it wrong, but I think he was doing 60 (not the dog) and a dog ran out infront of his car chasing a cat
Friday, July 15, 2005 8:00 AM
sucks about the dog but come on now..get your car fixed. If I hit a dog I'd feel bad but I'd be right pissed about my car. I was so mad when I hit a deer I chased that @!#$ right into the bush I was gonna kill it, cause the car didn't

Friday, July 15, 2005 8:21 AM
that's a sad story, I might have called the cops because someone is probably out looking for their dog now

I ran over a deer that had already been hit (I slid over it actually being as low as I am)
and I hit a rabbit doing 75, put both right side tires over him
both in the same night and it turned my stomach

Friday, July 15, 2005 8:48 AM
Don't be a little girl, it's just an animal. you did it a favor by killing it, now it won't suffer when it runs out in the road again and just gets injured.

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Friday, July 15, 2005 8:52 AM
i know it was the car doin 60 i was just trying to lighten things up a bit.
and i do feel bad for the dog.

Friday, July 15, 2005 9:00 AM
if it makes you feel better, about a year ago, i had a lady run out in front of my car and i was only doing 35, and she died. it wasn't good at all. it took me about 4 days to finally drive a car again, and then it took me a few months before i drove down the same road again. don't get me wrong though, would feel bad hitting a dog also.

Friday, July 15, 2005 10:49 AM
damn man i'd be messed up for a while to if i hit and killed someone. sorry to here
that man.

Friday, July 15, 2005 3:31 PM
Martinez wrote:if it makes you feel better, about a year ago, i had a lady run out in front of my car and i was only doing 35, and she died. it wasn't good at all. it took me about 4 days to finally drive a car again, and then it took me a few months before i drove down the same road again. don't get me wrong though, would feel bad hitting a dog also.

Damn man, very sorry to hear that....wernt you charged with anything like vehicular manslaughter or anything? I mean, i know it wasnt yer fault at all, but i thought it didnt matter?

Friday, July 15, 2005 4:44 PM
you dont get charged if its declaired pedestrian error. but it would suck no less.

Sunday, July 17, 2005 12:18 PM
every witness that was there (and there was a good 10) said that it was her fault, and that she ran out in front of me. what they do is they take the car, and they investigate all of the damage done to the car, to see exactly how fast you were going, to see if you were to blame.
on another note though, i'm not trying to thread jack. i was just hoping i could make you feel better about it. i know yours isn't as traumatic as mine, but i can imagine on how you probably feel.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search