Hello Bambi!!! - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hello Bambi!!!
Friday, September 09, 2005 12:38 PM
This happend a while ago...
I had just put new ICW Racing 17" wheels on my car about an hour before I went out to cruise and see how they felt. So I am driving on I-18 in Fairlawn with the windows down just having fun. I am in the right lane behind some lady in purple Dodge Caravan. There was a guy in a truck next to me in the left lane and someone behind me. I am pushing the van trying to get infront of the traffic. I am going about 75-80 when I see something move off the side of the road. First thought through my head was, not my new wheels! So the van clips Bambi's front legs which drops it to the ground and spins it in a half circle...which puts it on its side right in front of my car. So my right front tire hits it right in the stomach splitting it open. I struck it hard enough that it threw my car on 2 wheels and them it slammed back down. There was no way I should have been able to keep control, but somehow... 4 cars ended up hitting the deer, and we all pulled into a gas station 1/2 mile up the road. Luckily for them I took the worst of it. I didn't realize how bad it was at first because it was getting dark. It ruined my alignment, cracked all the plastic in my wheel well, and threw intestines full of you know what all under and over my car. I was dragging all of its organs and a leg under my car. The smell was so awful. There were guts on top of my engine, in every piece of suspension, everywhere. The heat caused this all to cook, creating a nice aroma in and around my car (you could smell it over 30 feet away). I took it to a 24hr car wash bay over 10 miles away and spent over $15 trying to get it all out. Didn't work. I apologize to whoever had to clean up that bay, it must have looked like a murder scene. There was blood and organs and crap everywhere. I am assuming the hoof I left in the bay gave it away. The next day I took it to a local goodyear to get the alignment fixed, there were still guts underneath it. The fat had hardened in was in the back of the wheels and everywhere. The mechanic gave me some paper towels and let me get under it while it was on the lift which was cool. I ended up getting in another accident a couple months later that totaled the front end ($7400 in damage, thanks to some old lady who pulled out infront of me) so everthing was replaced and my car smells like nw. I know it sounds funny, but it was probably the closest I have been to death. I could have very easily been in 60mph oncoming traffic since there is no divider on that road, or tangled up with another car. The moral is, deer are evil. Thanks for reading this long boring post.

Re: Hello Bambi!!!
Friday, September 09, 2005 1:42 PM
thanks for the graphic story

Sunday, September 11, 2005 10:33 AM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]thanks for the graphic story

OMG, not @!#$.

I'm sorry man, but all I could do was laugh at the story.

Just the way you described it.

I know how you feel, I smoked a moose and totalled my car earlier this summer.

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 11:05 AM
no pics?

Sunday, September 11, 2005 11:13 AM
lol....i love the story...laughed my ass off

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:32 AM
I was hoping you guys could get a laugh out of it. Sorry there are no pics, I was to upset to even think about it. It is amazing how much damage a stupid deer can cause. I am just lucky the van knocked it down. If not I would have hit it head on and then it would have went through the windshield. I have heard to many stories of people dying from that. You have to love our durable and oh so safe J's...
Friday, September 16, 2005 2:44 AM
wow. and here i am worried about hitting a dog or cat here in the city. oh, i did hit a rabbit once and pushed my grill in. that sucked. but nothing compared to you. sorry to hear man.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, September 16, 2005 7:44 AM
Did this deer just happen to explode when you hit it? You mention how there are guts all over and on top of your engine, etc. I can understand bodykit or what not, damaging the rims and alignment, etc. Yet, guts to fly all the way up into your engine? Sounds just a little weird . . .

My friend when he had his Camaro was driving through the forest preserves. We ended up hitting a raccoon on accident, and we just blew it off and kept driving. About 20-minutes later we get pulled over by a cop on the main road. The officer asks why we have blood all over the car. We're like WTF?! Get out and look at the car and realize that when we nailed the raccoon, he somehow got pulled into the wheel well and was being grinded down by the tire. Blood was shot all over the side of the car, the rim, fender, etc. Quite a mess.
Friday, September 16, 2005 2:16 PM
Yeah, I guess when it cracked the wheel well, it flew up through the gaping hole and into the engine compartment... It was pretty nasty though. There was fur and blood all over my wheels too, it was great.
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:00 AM
It was great? o_O
Thursday, September 22, 2005 10:46 PM
Sarcasm?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search